Author Topic: Moving!  (Read 2672 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Moving! « on: November 03, 2019, 04:41:45 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm officially moving to another apartment, and will no longer be at my current apartment by the end of this month.
Unfortunately this also means that not only will I be switching to a different electric company, (Duke Energy instead of DP&L)
I'll also have to say goodbye to my kitchen T12 fixtures. There is no T12 fixture at this next apartment. However, I get to finally
garage both my motorcycle, and my car. (My car sat outside in the elements. Now that I think about it, it's been this way since 2015.
My new bike is garaged at my friends place, whom I met through another friend. Both of them are fellow bikers. Once the move is complete,
I'll be picking up my bike and it will be in my garage with my car.) This move is a MAJOR step for me.
I mentioned in another thread that I was a fan of high, vaulted ceilings... this apartment has an unnecessary high vaulted ceiling in
the living room that leads into a loft area upstairs. Eventually I'll be taking video of my old apartment and comparing it to the video
I take of my new apartment. And since I'm a lighting enthusiast, I WILL be adding my lighting taste into the mix. Unless LED is permanently
installed into a fan or installed into the wall somehow or something, there will NOT be any LED in my new apartment. Heck no.
Anyways, just thought I'd give a heads up on whats happening.
After I move, I plan on buying many things, including 3 TV's, an Iphone 8, along with a Canon EOS-1DX Mark II DSLR Camera. << That camera
will be a HUGE deal for me regarding making YouTube videos inside the new apartment. Big boost for my YouTube channel, Suzukir123.
That's also where that upstairs loft area will come in handy.
We're making progress guys. 8)

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Moving! « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 11:39:36 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Good luck with the move ! I couldn't imagine moving all my "stuff"  :o

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Moving! « Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 12:22:11 PM » Author: CEB1993
That’s such good news!  Sounds like the new apartment is a nice place. I like the sound of the loft room and the vaunted ceiling. Garage parking is a huge bonus too, especially if it snows or hails.

Some of the existing lights there might be GU-15 base CFLs or LEDs, intended to prevent the use of inefficient incandescents. I think they do make adaptors to convert them to E26. I like bringing table lamps to my apartments and using my own bulbs.

Philips HUE bulbs and light strips are awesome for apartments, especially if you’re getting a new smart phone to control them with! 

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Moving! « Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 12:32:14 PM » Author: sol
Vaulted and high ceilings look good with HID. I doubt you'll have problems installing your portable ones...
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Moving! « Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 09:21:45 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Wide-lite 1000, Luckily for me, I don't really have that much stuff. My small weightlift gym in my room will be taken
apart and thrown away. That thing is dangerous. My barbells, weighted plates and dumbbells will be taken with me though.
The only two big things I will have trouble taking with me: my bed, and my washer. Thankfully I never purchased a dryer,
and that makes the move so much easier. My 8 foot table in my living room will also be thrown out, and so will my
small dining room table in my kitchen. That's... really the biggest stuff I have. This move should be fairly easy.
Thanks for the good luck!

@CEB1993, I really hope they don't have those kind of lights, and if they do, I'll be purchasing adapters for them ASAP, if possible.
I've heard of Philips HUE bulbs and light strips, and using them through phone apps... I've seen it in use through YouTubers I'm
very familiar with... but no LED will be in use in my apartment unless previously permanently installed. Not even in my garage.
I'm gonna try to incorporate old school CFL's into the mix, maybe even Circlines too.
And yep, no more worrying about frost on my car, cleaning off snow, or dealing with hail dents after severe thunderstorms. Those
days should be officially over, at least before leaving for work. haha

@Sol, I highly agree... and that's where a bit of confusion is taking place. I don't know whether I should purchase more integrated
ballasted Par38 CMH screw in lamps and use them as up-lighting for the vaulted ceiling based living room, or whether I should use two of
my Sadelite two lamp 36w PL-L desk lamps as up-lighting instead. This is a tough decision. I'd definitely be saving energy using 3,
maybe even 4 small CMH lights as up-lighting compared to the Sadelite desk lamps. Regardless, I plan on using one of my CMH 20w
track lights as back/ up-lighting behind the TV in the living room. That is definitely happening.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Moving! « Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 12:46:39 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Good luck suzukir122 :)

------------
As for me...I personally absolutely dread the thought of moving. :o

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Moving! « Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 07:23:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, it's funny because the landlord there (who seems to be around my age, possibly even younger.
So weird because I'm use to having much, much older landlords. Not someone in their mid or late 20's) talked
about that to me as well. He kept saying that he hates the thought of moving. But with me, luckily I don't
have that many bigger things. My washing machine, my bed, my couch, and my bike. That's it lol... I didn't
really purchase huge things because I knew eventually someday I'd be moving soon. Now is the time.  8)

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Moving! « Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 07:31:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
I don't have any big things either...just lots & lots of stuff.
The username is very appropriate - if someone saw my stash of Christmas stuff they'd truly see why .lol. then there's the fluorescent collection(nothing compared to some members here, or compared to the Christmas), then there's the stash of aquariums (which again isn't a ton number-wize, but it wastes allot of space & isn't something you'd throw in the back of a truck)..
LOL I just have too much stuff...when I go EOL, someone's gonna have allot of 'stuff' to "get rid of".

Oh and I also hate change, so moving also wouldn't do well for that...

-----
Interesting that you have a new landlord who's that young.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Moving! « Reply #8 on: November 06, 2019, 08:05:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, I'm not a fan of change either. This change however is one of those changes that is significantly
for the better. Soon I'll have video proof, because I absolutely will not leave this tiny apartment without the video memory of it.
It'll be a comparison video, although the apartment I've chosen isn't like SUPER huge. Mainly tall, especially in the living room.

Side note, it's funny you say your username is appropriate for your stash of christmas lighting. Mine isn't appropriate for anything,
since I don't own any vehicles from Suzuki. Of course for my YouTube channel, that must change, but... just playing by ear I guess.
But yeah, all in all, I don't even have a lot of stuff. The only large amount of stuff I have is... dust and debris that needs to
be cleaned before I continue moving. haha

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Moving! « Reply #9 on: November 06, 2019, 11:38:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
Just a quick update... I did my first in person tour of this place and... yep that ceiling is definitely unnecessarily high in the living room.
Even as that vaulted ceiling continues into that upstairs loft, the loft ceiling is still higher than the vaulted ceiling in
my current apartment as well. I'm gonna have to look around for official up-lighting ideas. And even though the apartment is still wider than
my current apartment, it's a little smaller than I hoped regarding width. Same with the bedroom. Although the bedroom is taller
than my current one, it's not as wide. Maybe height makes it appear that way. I don't know.
Also... NO LED'S! No LED was in this apartment, not even in the bathroom. Heck, no CFL was to be found either. I will be changing that, of course. There are 3 ceiling fans with lights in this apartment... I'm debating on changing one of those to Circline. The other two will have multiple Par38 CMH with integrated ballasts. Maybe. I'm not sure. After Friday, it looks as if I can move into this apartment whenever I want.
One more thing... I'm not happy about how small the kitchen is, but it is what it is. Incandescent spot lights illuminate the kitchen. I will
change that.

Interests:

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Moving! « Reply #10 on: December 22, 2019, 04:45:32 AM » Author: Silverliner
You meant GU24 based CFLs?

That’s such good news!  Sounds like the new apartment is a nice place. I like the sound of the loft room and the vaunted ceiling. Garage parking is a huge bonus too, especially if it snows or hails.

Some of the existing lights there might be GU-15 base CFLs or LEDs, intended to prevent the use of inefficient incandescents. I think they do make adaptors to convert them to E26. I like bringing table lamps to my apartments and using my own bulbs.

Philips HUE bulbs and light strips are awesome for apartments, especially if you’re getting a new smart phone to control them with! 

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Moving! « Reply #11 on: December 22, 2019, 04:46:28 AM » Author: Silverliner
I'm glad everything worked out well and you got an apartment with a garage!

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Moving! « Reply #12 on: December 25, 2019, 11:58:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
Thanks @Silverliner! It was a tougher move than I originally thought it'd be, but it all ended well.
And regarding all the screw bases... all of the screw-in fixtures use traditional screw in sockets.
So I can replace them with CFL's and integrated ballasted CMH lamps with ease.
Every single light is incandescent, except for my fluorescent desk lamps. And I forgot to mention in my rushed video,
but all of those incandescent lamps, including the kitchen flood lights, seem to be energy savers.
The bulb in my bedroom's ceiling fan might actually be a 25 watt incandescent lamp. I will be taking a look here shortly.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies