Author Topic: Where to find streetlight mounting arms?  (Read 329 times)
lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120 V60Hz

GoL
Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « on: November 03, 2019, 05:22:14 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
I need to know how to find streetlight mounting arms? I looked on ebay and I founded those cheap yard blaster arms. Any idea how to get a rugged or more better streetlight mounting arm? Soon I might be saving a streetlight, if I can.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 06:39:39 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Light pole brackets.

Power provider: Southern California Edison (SCE)

-Date decoder of some US lamps 1960-present.
-Switch and receptacle collector.
-I'll save what I can! Smiley

Ash

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 01:18:17 PM » Author: Ash
You can make an arm and pole with ordinary steel pipes and elbows
lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120 V60Hz

GoL
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 06:55:09 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
You can make an arm and pole with ordinary steel pipes and elbows

Well, then you're gonna need a conduit bender for that, and RMC (Ridgid Metal Conduit) is VERY hard to bend especially the 1" diameter type.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

wattMaster

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2019, 07:14:29 PM » Author: wattMaster
You could just get bare steel pipe and weld it together to make something interesting. Smiley

SLS! <click

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 08:25:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Well, then you're gonna need a conduit bender for that, and RMC (Ridgid Metal Conduit) is VERY hard to bend especially the 1" diameter type.

Why would you need a conduit bender ? just use couplings and 90's  : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5198&pos=44&pid=161341  Now I don't recommend using EMT like I did , using ridgid instead is just fine .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #6 on: November 04, 2019, 08:34:00 PM » Author: GE101R
Long pole mount steel arm on Ebay.

eBay item number:
LightsDelight

View Gallery

Sylvania B2222

evan.driscoll.33 UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 07:10:57 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I usually get mine with lights I buy sometimes. you have multiple options: like one member said you can weld your own if no welder then..., you can buy one but they are hard to find or a method that I use is that I buy stirrups from bunnings cut off the top bit and you have a makeshift bracket.

Keep discharge lighting alive

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 07:12:51 PM » Author: GE101R
I usually get mine with lights I buy sometimes. you have multiple options: like one member said you can weld your own if no welder then..., you can buy one but they are hard to find or a method that I use is that I buy stirrups from bunnings cut off the top bit and you have a makeshift bracket.

There are sources that have reasonable prices that are on the internet. They have a large selection.
LightsDelight

View Gallery

Sylvania B2222

evan.driscoll.33 UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 07:24:31 PM » Author: LightsDelight
Over here in Aus we don't have sources best to make our own besides it come with a sense of achievement when you do it yourself.

Keep discharge lighting alive

GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #10 on: November 14, 2019, 07:52:33 PM » Author: GE101R
Over here in Aus we don't have sources best to make our own besides it come with a sense of achievement when you do it yourself.

Ingenuity!  I love it!
Mandolin Girl

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #11 on: November 15, 2019, 06:10:31 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Making your own brackets does give you a sense of achievement, if you don't have the skills or equipment to do it yourself, look up local metal fabrication shops and see if they can make one up for you to the specifications you want.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber  -  US author, cartoonist, humourist, & satirist (1894 - 1961)

joseph_125

View Gallery

GoL
Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #12 on: November 18, 2019, 04:34:38 PM » Author: joseph_125
One of the local electrical supply houses have them listed on their website. I don't really have a lot of arms in my collection though. I got most of my streetlights without the arm and I don't really have the need for one at the time being so I haven't bought one specifically either.
GE101R

View Gallery

Re: Where to find streetlight mounting arms? « Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 05:46:32 PM » Author: GE101R
One of the local electrical supply houses have them listed on their website. I don't really have a lot of arms in my collection though. I got most of my streetlights without the arm and I don't really have the need for one at the time being so I haven't bought one specifically either.

fluorescent lover 40 posted a great vendor above who is very reasonable.
Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines