Author Topic: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house?  (Read 11468 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #45 on: January 04, 2020, 05:52:54 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I have Leviton incandescent dimmer switches, but I don’t know how to identify the outlets. They are from anywhere between 1980 and 2010 though.
Why don't you take pictures of them?
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #46 on: January 04, 2020, 07:47:53 PM » Author: HPS_250
Here is a picture of one of the older outlets in my house.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #47 on: January 04, 2020, 07:49:16 PM » Author: HPS_250
And here is one of the newer ones.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #48 on: January 04, 2020, 07:58:32 PM » Author: HPS_250
My other photos are too large, so I can put them in my gallery tomorrow.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #49 on: January 04, 2020, 08:13:48 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Older one: Leviton 5320-I
Newer one: Leviton 5320-W.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 08:15:52 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #50 on: January 04, 2020, 08:16:01 PM » Author: HPS_250
Thanks! When would those have been made or installed? My house was built in 1978.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #51 on: January 04, 2020, 08:18:05 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
The 5320-I would be original. The 5320-W would be after 1995 or so.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #52 on: January 04, 2020, 08:32:29 PM » Author: HPS_250
Nice! I didn’t think any original receptacles would be left, and there are three 5320-I in the house. Everything else is the 5320-W, except the bathroom and outdoor outlets which are GFCI.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #53 on: February 16, 2020, 01:19:33 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
@GE101R, have you replaced your Circle F snap switches yet?

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #54 on: February 27, 2020, 09:41:25 PM » Author: icefoglights
Older one: Leviton 5320-I
Newer one: Leviton 5320-W.

Same basic model.  The I is for ivory and the W is for white.

The older ivory one is made out of bakelite and would have round plaster ears.  Hard to tell by the face, but I think the design dates to the late 60s.  The only change that I know of during that time was that the ground screw moved from facing down to facing the side.
The newer white one would have been made after an approximately 1995 redesign, where the bakelite was replaced with thermoplastic and the plaster ears are a larger square shape.  The thermoplastic faces have a little molding lip visible around the perimeter of the outlet face.  They're basically unchanged today.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What light switches and receptacles do you have/use in in your house? « Reply #55 on: February 28, 2020, 03:27:49 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Still on the list. It's been a bad winter with much excess rain and far behind in projects that were already started. Give me a little time.
Ok I will.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies