Author Topic: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165?  (Read 3439 times)
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « on: November 13, 2019, 11:22:05 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? They say they still offer them in 100W MV.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #1 on: November 13, 2019, 01:24:56 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? They say they still offer them in 100W MV.

Who is "they"? The specification sheet for the 165 says it is only available in HPS. Nobody has offered anything in MV since 2008.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 02:11:05 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Who is "they"? The specification sheet for the 165 says it is only available in HPS. Nobody has offered anything in MV since 2008.
The 165 page of the AEL Product Selector.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2019, 02:15:02 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
The 165 page of the AEL Product Selector.

They just redesigned their website recently so that is more than likely a mistake. Manufacturing and import of new mercury vapor ballasts and fixtures into the United States has been banned since 2008.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 06:55:18 PM » Author: Cole D.
Even before they redesigned it of about a year or so ago it was saying MV as an option. But I think it's just that the spec sheet, was outdated from before the MV ballast ban.

I was told about a year and a half ago by someone here that a 150W 165 costs about $110.

Also in case anybody was wondering, the Dusk to Dawn bracket fixture has been discontinued according to the website. But the 165 is still available.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #5 on: November 14, 2019, 09:12:47 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
What about a 70w HPS 165?
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #6 on: November 14, 2019, 09:22:39 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
What about a 70w HPS 165?

Why don't you just get a price quote from a distributor? Pricing is going to vary. Distributors typically deal with contractors and utilities buying multiple or in bulk. When a private individual calls or goes in to ask about pricing that price can be much higher depending on the employee selling it to you. You're not a contractor or utility so they may not give you a price break. It's like where I work. We sell irrigation and landscaping supplies mostly to contractors. When a homeowner comes in, I charge them a much higher price for the item they are buying. That's why it's best to go get a quote.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2019, 09:36:50 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Why don't you just get a price quote from a distributor? Pricing is going to vary. Distributors typically deal with contractors and utilities buying multiple or in bulk. When a private individual calls or goes in to ask about pricing that price can be much higher depending on the employee selling it to you. You're not a contractor or utility so they may not give you a price break. It's like where I work. We sell irrigation and landscaping supplies mostly to contractors. When a homeowner comes in, I charge them a much higher price for the item they are buying. That's why it's best to go get a quote.

How do I find a distributor?
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #8 on: November 14, 2019, 09:45:51 AM » Author: HPSM250R2

How do I find a distributor?

There should be a button on their website to locate a distributor or an agency to go through.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2019, 10:13:23 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Okay.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 01:16:19 PM » Author: BT25
Okay.

Also look for architectural salvage stores/ReStores that are close by...you may get lucky. (I found mine that way...175W/H39 for $20. ;D )

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 04:24:37 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah the Restore might be a good bet. I saw a couple of 400w MV Cooper Vanguard bracket fixtures there once. Another time I saw some 400w HPS OVFs.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 07:55:19 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Thanks! I need to stop at the Restore soon.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #13 on: September 01, 2020, 03:37:42 PM » Author: Metal Halide Boy

I definetly would not buy from your company then.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you think AEL would charge for a 100W MV Ballast-in-arm 165? « Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 09:40:14 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Seconded.

I deleted my reply. I didn't want to get into a debate or start any trouble. I didn't see your reply show up so I thought you deleted yours as well.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies