Author Topic: Wanted - 4ft 40W tube for use with Philips tungsten ballast lamp  (Read 668 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Wanted - 4ft 40W tube for use with Philips tungsten ballast lamp « on: November 18, 2019, 12:52:37 PM » Author: Rommie
Hi all,

I have in my collection some Philips tungsten ballast lamps but I have no tubes designed to run on them. They are a special design with a single contact cap and an internal metal strip connected to one of the electrodes.

Does anyone have any that they might wish to trade or sell..? Or alternatively point me at a potential source of supply..?

Many thanks,

Ria

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted - 4ft 40W tube for use with Philips tungsten ballast lamp « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:21:51 PM » Author: James
For safety reasons these ballast lamps should be used with TL-S lamps.  However TL-X types are electrically identical, only the cap is different.  Those are more common so you may wish to try one of those instead of waiting for the very rare TL-S to turn up.  Or check French sellers, the TL-S (and Mazda TFR equivalent) seems to have been especially popular there, almost every time I checked out old French junkyards and second hand shops in the smaller towns it was possible to find these tubes.  But I don't have any left at the moment, all have been given away to other collectors.  I will be sure to buy more next time I see any!
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted - 4ft 40W tube for use with Philips tungsten ballast lamp « Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 04:22:57 PM » Author: Rommie
Thanks James, I will do that. If you do come across any, please let me know..!

It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wanted - 4ft 40W tube for use with Philips tungsten ballast lamp « Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 04:25:05 PM » Author: James
I just checked online and they are still in stock at CP Lighting for a very reasonable price!  See http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/TLS20W-33-2-20W-4000K  They also have stocks of the exceptionally rare TL-R with two internal stripes, for use with resistor ballast on DC.  See http://www.cp-lighting.co.uk/TLR20W-33-2-20W-2-X-M-S
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Wanted - 4ft 40W tube for use with Philips tungsten ballast lamp « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 04:26:10 PM » Author: Rommie
Hi James, those are the 2ft 20W ones, I was looking for the 4ft 40W ones as those are what I used with these lamps before. Will the 20W ones work..?

Print 
© 2005-2022 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.18 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies