Author Topic: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ?  (Read 6569 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #15 on: November 16, 2019, 05:31:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Sounds like Seattle!
Yes, we're only about 10 degrees further south than you are.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 05:46:48 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 07:01:38 PM » Author: BT25
Yes, we're only about 10 degrees further south than you are.

Actually, you're 10 degrees north of me.  ;D

According to Google:
Aberdeen, Scotland: 57.1497° N, 2.0943° W
Seattle, WA USA: 47.6062° N, 122.3321° W

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 07:03:13 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Oops... I never was any good at geography.  :-[  :D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #18 on: November 16, 2019, 07:05:50 PM » Author: BT25
Oops... I never was any good at geography.  :-[  :D

As long as you have many lights to battle the dark days, and you can stay warm, you're good. ;D

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #19 on: November 16, 2019, 11:13:53 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I use warm white for inside the house so It doesn't look like a hospital :P.The shed is another story, I use colour 33 fluros (4300k) or 865s (6500k) and for the bench I will use either 840s or 940s (4000k) if I'm working outside it is either coated MV or HPS

Keep discharge lighting alive

LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 06:30:05 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
For me it has to be at least 5000K daylight or bluer, especially in the winter.
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #21 on: November 21, 2019, 11:36:52 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Likewise.  I'm a 5000K-6500K person, even 7500K
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #22 on: November 23, 2019, 03:57:31 AM » Author: joseph_125
My preferences vary depending on the time of day and task I'm doing/application. Generally most spaces for relaxing get 3000-3500K lighting and most work spaces get 4100-5000K lighting. In some rooms I have different lights for if I'm working or relaxing.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #23 on: November 23, 2019, 04:10:48 AM » Author: dor123
Orange, amber, red and >3000K for night lighting, and 3000-4200K for room lighting.
I much love the 4200K with yellow tinge of my Electra rebranded Venture MH-DE 70W/UVS/4K, compared to my 3300K of my Osram HQI-TS 70W/WDL Excellence, which have a pinkish hue.
I also love the 3500-4000K of my Osram Dulux EL 23W/840 Germany, and the 3500K of my 160W SBMV lamps at my father home.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #24 on: November 23, 2019, 11:28:00 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're just back in from doing some shopping, it was miserable weather and getting dark.  :(

It felt even worse because of the 'cool white' street lighting making it feel colder than it actually was.!  >:(

A nice warm glow from HPS or even better yet LPS would have made it just about bearable.  :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #25 on: November 23, 2019, 11:51:54 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Just think how festive the street’s will look though if it snows! ::), I have an equal mix in the house of 2700K, 3000K and 4000K, mixing colour temperatures in a room breaks up the monotonous warm white you use to get all over the house back in the old GLS days!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #26 on: November 27, 2019, 10:37:44 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One of my favourite colour temperatures is given out by this clip on spotlight.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #27 on: November 27, 2019, 10:44:45 AM » Author: Rommie
Just think how festive the street’s will look though if it snows! ::), I have an equal mix in the house of 2700K, 3000K and 4000K, mixing colour temperatures in a room breaks up the monotonous warm white you use to get all over the house back in the old GLS days!
Call me a Scrooge if you like, but by the time Christmas finally comes, I am totally and completely fed up with the whole thing, having had it rammed down my throat since anywhere from September onwards. I vividly remember walking past a hotel entrance once, and seeing a huge banner over the main doors inviting people to book their Christmas parties NOW..! This in JULY..?  :o

Anyway, if it's snowing I won't be out in it unless it's unavoidable..! I'll be inside, in the warm, probably with a large glass of something alcoholic  ;D

Oh, getting back on topic, my favourite colour temperature is the warm glow of SOX light, followed closely by HPS and incandescent  8)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 10:47:07 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #28 on: November 28, 2019, 02:35:08 PM » Author: Jovan
Likewise.  I'm a 5000K-6500K person, even 7500K

Interesting.Do you use this colour in working areas or in general use ?
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #29 on: November 28, 2019, 02:36:20 PM » Author: Jovan
One of my favourite colour temperatures is given out by this clip on spotlight.  8)
Good color with good CRI.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies