Author Topic: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ?  (Read 6507 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « on: November 15, 2019, 02:54:01 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.I wanted to see which colour do you like to use more.Is this warm white,cool white or daylight.Personally I prefer warm white.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 03:29:29 PM » Author: Rommie
I like warm white too, I especially like the colour from an incandescent lamp  :inc: :)

However at this time of the year, I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and that means I need to sit under a 6500K daylight lamp for a while once or twice a day  8)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 04:44:37 PM by sox35 » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 05:25:24 PM » Author: Ash
All of them as long as the light spectrum is ok. Lately i am converting more of my own lighting to 2700..3000K to balance out against the 4000K LED lighting i am under at my workplace
Mr. Orthosilicate

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 07:49:44 PM » Author: Mr. Orthosilicate
I prefer white (3500k) for fluorescent lighting. Cool white is okay, but only in the old 60 CRI halophosphate type tubes. Warm White is awful. I’m also partial to daylight, but it depends on my mood.

1.White
2. 60 CRI Cool White
3. Daylight
4. High CRI Cool White
5. Warm White
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 11:22:01 PM » Author: BT25
My preferences depends on the application. For interior residential, I prefer 2700K, or 3000K CCT, except in the kitchen where 5000K CCT @ 90 CRI is preferred. For residential exterior, I like 4100K CCT CFL for the low glare and visual clarity it gives. On roadways, I like 3000K CCT LED, or 2100K CCT HPS.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 12:18:25 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I like 3500K for general use and 5000K for working areas

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #6 on: November 16, 2019, 04:14:50 AM » Author: tolivac
3K CMH!!!!315W the Red enhanced 315W CMH is VERY nice!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #7 on: November 16, 2019, 12:07:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We have recently moved a clip on spot light to give us illumination into a wardrobe, and for the first time in years it has the correct lamp fitted.

I had forgotten how nice the light from a tungsten filament reflector spot actually is.  8)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 12:38:32 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #8 on: November 16, 2019, 12:45:07 PM » Author: Jovan
I like 3500K for general use and 5000K for working areas
I like for work and general use 3000K.In kitchen and bathroom I prefer 6500K.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #9 on: November 16, 2019, 12:50:03 PM » Author: Jovan
I like warm white too, I especially like the colour from an incandescent lamp  :inc: :)

However at this time of the year, I suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and that means I need to sit under a 6500K daylight lamp for a while once or twice a day  8)

Does it help you ?
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #10 on: November 16, 2019, 12:51:49 PM » Author: Jovan
My preferences depends on the application. For interior residential, I prefer 2700K, or 3000K CCT, except in the kitchen where 5000K CCT @ 90 CRI is preferred. For residential exterior, I like 4100K CCT CFL for the low glare and visual clarity it gives. On roadways, I like 3000K CCT LED, or 2100K CCT HPS.

For street lighting I would put HPS lamps instead of 6500K LED.HPS lamps are warmer and have less glare than LEDs in my town streets.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 01:06:25 PM » Author: Rommie
Does it help you ?
To a certain extent, yes. Not as good as getting out in the daylight, but we don't get an awful lot of that up here at this time of the year  :D :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 01:10:17 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
For street lighting I would put HPS lamps instead of 6500K LED.HPS lamps are warmer and have less glare than LEDs in my town streets.
Putting up lights that are 6500K seriously affects the diurnal rhythm of humans disrupting their sleep patterns, and animals especially in rural areas as they become confused as to the time of day.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 04:47:22 PM » Author: Ash
Mercury lamps that are not that far off from there, dont seem to cause any of the problems. Its caused by very specific lines in the spectrum and not well described by color temp alone
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Which light colour temperature do you prefer ? « Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 05:28:07 PM » Author: BT25
To a certain extent, yes. Not as good as getting out in the daylight, but we don't get an awful lot of that up here at this time of the year  :D :P

Sounds like Seattle!

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies