Author Topic: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment?  (Read 2790 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « on: November 23, 2019, 09:01:50 AM » Author: Cole D.
I like some of it, like toasters, blenders, mixers, deep fryers and waffle makers.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 09:24:03 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I love my kitchen gadgets, but as we only have a small kitchen we're limited on space.  :(

We have a combination grill / microwave that we bought at Christmas last year and still have to try out the built in grill.

An Air Fryer, that's brilliant for heating up sossige rolls and things like that.

A hand mixer, for when we make bananananananana bread.

A blender, that will also grind coffee beans

A four slice toaster.

And an induction hob dual oven cooker.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2019, 04:49:07 PM » Author: CEB1993
Yes, I love cooking and baking and have a professional grade KitchenAid mixer, a power egg mixer, and a nonstick cast iron skillet.  I’m excited to really have a fully equipped kitchen of my own someday, though I’m off to a good start.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 10:56:17 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yes, I love cooking and baking and have a professional grade KitchenAid mixer, a power egg mixer, and a nonstick cast iron skillet.  I’m excited to really have a fully equipped kitchen of my own someday, though I’m off to a good start.
Yes, you are. Remember to buy quality items whenever possible and in the long run you will save money, I have an excellent set of knives that a neighbour who is a chef says they are best you can get for domestic use. The whole set was built up over time and probably cost me in excess of £180, compare that to buying a cheap set that costs £50, and having to replace them every other year. I've had my knives for over twenty years, and use a proper chef's steel to keep them razor sharp. The 'cheaper' knives over the same time period would have cost more than double what I paid.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 11:22:43 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #4 on: December 08, 2019, 07:35:58 PM » Author: CEB1993
I have a Le Creuset Dutch oven on my Christmas list.  These high quality French-made kettles can be used on the stovetop and in the oven.  I have several ideas for recipes with the Dutch oven:

Beef Stroganoff
Hungarian Goulash
Lasagna
Baked Ziti
Chateaubriand
French red wine beef and vegetable stew
Beef pot roast
Ratatouille

Favorite things to fix with the KitchenAid mixer:

Chocolate chip cookies
Snickerdoodles
Creme brulee custard
Sausage ball mix

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 08:16:19 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Camden,

Ooh, snickerdoodles, haven't had them in years. Not since some of my American friends left to go home. :)

Can you post the recipe please.?  :-*

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 10:46:05 PM » Author: CEB1993
@ Camden,

Ooh, snickerdoodles, haven't had them in years. Not since some of my American friends left to go home. :)

Can you post the recipe please.?  :-*

Here’s the snickerdoodle recipe. I’ve also done gingerbread cookies in my mixer too. Someday I’d like to branch out and make my own bread using the mixer’s kneading hook.

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 07:46:31 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thanks Camden, we'll have a try at them and let you know how it goes.  :)

EDIT:
Just looked at the recipe and half of it is missing...  :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 07:53:22 AM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:46 AM » Author: CEB1993
Thanks Camden, we'll have a try at them and let you know how it goes.  :)

EDIT:
Just looked at the recipe and half of it is missing...  :(

Here's a link for a good snickerdoodle recipe.  This is a classic recipe that is most similar to what I would fix  :)

https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/soft-and-chewy-snickerdoodles/#wprm-recipe-container-16878

A more gormet version of these cookies exists too on Bon Appetit:

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/best-snickerdoodles

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 11:23:28 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Thanks, hopefully it will be making these sooner than the three years it took before we made the bananananananaanananana bread.  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Does anyone here like kitchen equipment? « Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 02:04:34 AM » Author: takemorepills
I have a Le Creuset Dutch oven on my Christmas list.  These high quality French-made kettles can be used on the stovetop and in the oven.  I have several ideas for recipes with the Dutch oven:

Beef Stroganoff
Hungarian Goulash
Lasagna
Baked Ziti
Chateaubriand
French red wine beef and vegetable stew
Beef pot roast
Ratatouille

Favorite things to fix with the KitchenAid mixer:

Chocolate chip cookies
Snickerdoodles
Creme brulee custard
Sausage ball mix

We just bought a Le Creuset, been talking about it for 7 years. Finally went to the Le Creuset outlet store, picked up a 9 qt French Oven (oval) in Cassis color (purple) for $188.

We bought it specifically to make Christmas dinner, but I've already made Matzoh ball chicken soup with it. Also added the stainless steel knob to it.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies