Author Topic: We may lose another town  (Read 2248 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

We may lose another town « on: December 11, 2019, 07:02:24 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I was exploring on websites to see if there were any new LED conversions and I spotted York, Maine many get infected by LEDs. See here.

https://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20180409/cmp-offers-led-streetlight-plan
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:57:30 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: We may lose another town « Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 08:32:16 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Some will hang on and stay HID. Have several small towns with municipal electric systems that still have mercuries (the last time I checked) and refuse to go HPS and have stockpiled mercury vapor products to last them quite a while.
Like some towns with Incandescents.

lbulb5000
Re: We may lose another town « Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 10:15:53 PM » Author: lbulb5000
I was exploring on websites to see if there were any new LED conversions and I spotted York, Maine many get infected by LEDs. See here.

https://www.seacoastonline.com/news/20180409/cmp-offers-led-streetlight-plan

As the years go on we will likely see many more major cities downgrade to led especially with the dropping price of the fixtures and government programs that provide funding to switch. Although I believe many smaller towns will still hold on to their HIDs as well as some privately owned places.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: We may lose another town « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 03:06:30 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
As the years go on we will likely see many more major cities downgrade to led especially with the dropping price of the fixtures and government programs that provide funding to switch. Although I believe many smaller towns will still hold on to their HIDs as well as some privately owned places.
In my town they do NOT have a lot of street lights the downtown has LED post tops but may change the rest of their lights to LED.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: We may lose another town « Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 05:41:48 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The change is slowing.
I hope.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: We may lose another town « Reply #5 on: December 12, 2019, 06:18:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
Here in Ontario it seems a good number of small towns went LED between 2016 and 2018. Toronto is still mostly lit with HID for the time being but pretty much all of the outer suburbs are now LED. In some of the cities that converted early on, they kept the intersections lit with HPS to this day. Not sure why but at least it gives some variety in an otherwise sea of LED streetlights.

Mercury vapour was always rare here since the 90s. There are some small towns that kept mercury until the 2010s but it seems a lot of them did a mercury to LED conversion instead. As for incandescent, I haven't seen one lighting a public road since Toronto removed the last incandescent missout in 2012 or so and replaced it with a MH gumball.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: We may lose another town « Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 06:12:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yep they have AEL Autobahn ATBX lights didn’t surprise me since the town has AEL fixtures and surrounding towns have AEL.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies