Author Topic: Transformer Light  (Read 1819 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Transformer Light « on: December 15, 2019, 06:39:38 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw this in Laconia on a side street.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Transformer Light « Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 12:50:33 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Photo sideways?

Yes, it is sideways. A good amount of photos he posts in the forum are sideways. CreeRSW207, if you're reading this, can you fix them?

Anyways, cool find! What lamps do they use? When did they stop making them?
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Transformer Light « Reply #2 on: December 16, 2019, 04:47:18 AM » Author: Silverliner
What's the purpose of those little lights on transformers? I have seen them and I wonder.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Transformer Light « Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 03:07:47 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
What's the purpose of those little lights on transformers? I have seen them and I wonder.
I mostly see red ones but white not so much.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Transformer Light « Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 03:08:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yes, it is sideways. A good amount of photos he posts in the forum are sideways. CreeRSW207, if you're reading this, can you fix them?

Anyways, cool find! What lamps do they use? When did they stop making them?
Click the link and it will view the right way.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Transformer Light « Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 04:00:21 PM » Author: Ash
When there is no light, how does the lineman tell from afar whether there is outage or just that this transformer unit never came with a light ? (Assuming most grids are a clutter of different models of transformers)

The JPEG image turning :

The JPEG file format contains the picture contents (which face some default side) + in the metadata (along with camera model, settings etc) there is information about the positioning of the picture. For example, the picture may always be saved with "top of the camera" side up, and the real position (from the camera gravity sensor, if the camera is a phone) saved in the metadata to tell what direction the phone was turned when the picture was taken

When viewed on apps or devices that do read the metadata, the picture will be rendered and then turned in the position set in the metadata

When viewed on apps or devices that dont, the picture will be rendered with its default side up and thats it..

To correctly resolve this problem - Open the picture in a picture editor, turn to the wanted position, and save as new file. When you save files from picture editors, they encode it with the correct position as the default position, and without relying on metadata to turn the picture on the recipient's side
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies