Author Topic: 'Why are street lights orange and not white?'  (Read 2526 times)
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

'Why are street lights orange and not white?' « on: January 01, 2009, 06:05:14 PM » Author: sparkie
I found this thread on a General Discussion forum:

Link

It's quite interesting to read what non-lighting people say about street lights - although fortunately there are a couple of posters on there who know about lighting, who knows they may be LG members under a different name!

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 'Why are street lights orange and not white?' « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 06:26:03 PM » Author: gmercury2000
Funny you should bring this up. I had a job one night where a customer had an HPS upgrade in front of their home and the rest of the lights were merc for the most part. They called to tell us the orange light was too bright and to bring out a fluorescent bulb too put back in. I laughed when I saw the ticket. ;D
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: 'Why are street lights orange and not white?' « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 06:43:10 PM » Author: lite_lover
HEHE that's pretty funny,did you guys just ignore that customer's request?

The brighter the better.

gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 'Why are street lights orange and not white?' « Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 07:18:31 PM » Author: gmercury2000
Well there was nothing we can really do so I refer it back. I don't know what they do after that. I would guess they tell the customer but not guarantee! Another issue we have with new fixtures we install is customers call in saying the lense is missing because of the clear sag lenses we use. We had one customer call back several times and swore the lense was missing and that it was on the ground next to the pole. Of course we go out there and the lense is not missing. It can be a lot of fun with some things people call in sometimes. Like you said when people don't know anything about lights it's funny what they say to sound technical
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies