Author Topic: Visiting California  (Read 8974 times)
Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Visiting California « on: December 25, 2019, 12:59:06 PM » Author: Proteus
Hi all you guys out there!

Actually, it turns out that it will be possible for me to visit CA in April 2020, 1st to 28th. I am planning a little roadtrip through CA - So, may be it may be possible to meet some of you lighting guys out there in the area?

All the best, and merry Christmas!

Marc
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 08:11:36 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hi all you guys out there!

Actually, it turns out that it will be possible for me to visit CA in April 2020, 1st to 28th. I am planning a little roadtrip through CA - So, may be it may be possible to meet some of you lighting guys out there in the area?

All the best, and merry Christmas!

Marc
Yeah, I’ll be going to Florida in April so I may meet some of you as well.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 11:51:55 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
Yeah, I’ll be going to Florida in April so I may meet some of you as well.

Cool. I'll still be in school in April but maybe something could be worked out.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 01:09:01 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Hello Proteus!

If you wanted to meet all of the mostly active members here, you have:

-High Intensity in Northern California.
-Me, Silverliner, rlshieldjr, and Dimbulb in Southern California.

Which part are you going to visit first if you were to come?

My family is also going to Switzerland in the summer of 2020.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 01:13:37 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 02:19:58 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Hello Proteus!

Do you know any in Florida?

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 02:26:12 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Do you know any in Florida?

Looks like you have:

-WattMaster
-RCM442 (the administrator)
-HPSM250R2

That's all I know. Ask them first of course.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 05:20:41 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Looks like you have:

-WattMaster
-RCM442 (the administrator)
-HPSM250R2

That's all I know. Ask them first of course.
Thanks!

Proteus

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #7 on: January 05, 2020, 10:52:45 AM » Author: Proteus
Hello Proteus!

Cool, thanks for your answer! I will arrive in LA, then stay there for 2-3 days, after it will go either to the north in direction of San Francisco, but as well I will visit San Diego in these days...

It would be really nice to have a meetup then somewhere!

Your family is coming to Switzerland? Cool! Where they want to go?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Visiting California « Reply #8 on: January 05, 2020, 11:01:14 AM » Author: Rommie
Cool, thanks for your answer! I will arrive in LA, then stay there for 2-3 days, after it will go either to the north in direction of San Francisco, but as well I will visit San Diego in these days...
If you have the time, I can thoroughly recommend a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway (Highway 1). I did it from San Diego up to San Francisco a few years ago, I deliberately took several days over it, stopping in motels along the way, it was one of the best trips of my life and the only other one I still have to do is Route 66  ;D

Also, if you get to San Diego, look up a friend of ours, Eve Selis, she's a singer and an amazingly talented one, I plug her music shamelessly  ;D

Ria

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Visiting California « Reply #9 on: January 05, 2020, 11:18:10 AM » Author: HPS_250
I would also recommend a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway. Also check out Pasadena, because they have a LOT of vintage and rare street lights, including original M-400s and incandescent radial waves. If you go to Northern CA, they have lots of nice redwood forests and great food in the San Francisco Bay Area.  :)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Visiting California « Reply #10 on: January 05, 2020, 11:24:31 AM » Author: Rommie
I would also recommend a drive along the Pacific Coast Highway. Also check out Pasadena, because they have a LOT of vintage and rare street lights, including original M-400s and incandescent radial waves. If you go to Northern CA, they have lots of nice redwood forests and great food in the San Francisco Bay Area.  :)
And check out Livermore, where the oldest still-burning incandescent lamp is  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Visiting California « Reply #11 on: January 05, 2020, 11:32:57 AM » Author: HPS_250
I’ve never been to Livermore, but it would probably be cool to see the longest lasting incandescent bulb in the world, or The Centennial Lamp! :)

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #12 on: January 05, 2020, 12:42:29 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40

It would be really nice to have a meetup then somewhere!

Your family is coming to Switzerland? Cool! Where they want to go?
Well, it's just me, my mom, and my brother. But we'll be going to Bern. We will also go to other places aside from there, but I will ask my mom we're going.

My dad isn't going with us because he's going to the Philippines at the same time as our Switzerland trip.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Visiting California « Reply #13 on: January 05, 2020, 01:00:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Cool. I'll still be in school in April but maybe something could be worked out.
I'm going a week before my school vacation.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Visiting California « Reply #14 on: January 05, 2020, 01:08:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
If you're into computers, also make sure to check out the Computer History Museum in Mountain View.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies