Author Topic: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ?  (Read 2375 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « on: December 25, 2019, 03:47:30 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello to everyone.Do you use MH lights indoors and are they reliable and how long they last ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 12:03:13 AM » Author: dor123
I've a 70W double ended MH tracklight in my room at my hostel and three 70W double ended MH lamps of Sylvania, Osram and Venture.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 07:59:56 AM » Author: Jovan
I've a 70W double ended MH tracklight in my room at my hostel and three 70W double ended MH lamps of Sylvania, Osram and Venture.

Is this too bright for room and is CRI good ?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 08:07:29 AM » Author: dor123
It is very bright. The CRI is dependent on the halide chemistry inside the lamp.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 09:10:14 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
You have to remember that with discharge lighting, they don't like frequent switching, and they need to be run for at least 4 or 5 hours at a time. Preferably only one or two switching cycles a day.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 10:16:03 AM » Author: Cole D.
Some stores use MH fixtures indoors, in troffers and high/low bays.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 11:02:42 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Yes, but they will be only switched once a day and will be run for a long time.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 04:36:07 PM » Author: Jovan
You have to remember that with discharge lighting, they don't like frequent switching, and they need to be run for at least 4 or 5 hours at a time. Preferably only one or two switching cycles a day.

So it is ideal for shops and museums.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #8 on: December 26, 2019, 04:37:36 PM » Author: Jovan

As I saw these lamps have good CRI (80 or better) and long life.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #9 on: December 26, 2019, 04:39:46 PM » Author: Jovan
It is very bright. The CRI is dependent on the halide chemistry inside the lamp.

That is good.If lamp has Hg inside the arc tube,CRI should be lower ,right ?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 05:00:37 PM » Author: Rommie
So it is ideal for shops and museums.
Yes, they are ideal for that  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #11 on: December 27, 2019, 02:06:40 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I regularly light all sorts of lamps from 7 to 1500 watts in my house with no I'll effects.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #12 on: December 27, 2019, 03:54:05 PM » Author: Jovan
I regularly light all sorts of lamps from 7 to 1500 watts in my house with no I'll effects.

In winter times you have heat and light in one.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Can Metal Halide lamps be used indoors ? « Reply #13 on: December 27, 2019, 05:33:08 PM » Author: Rommie
In winter times you have heat and light in one.
We know all about that, the 400W HPS and 1000W MV lamps we have are excellent space heaters  ;D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies