Author Topic: AEL 115s popping up alot?  (Read 1370 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
AEL 115s popping up alot? « on: January 05, 2020, 07:31:56 PM » Author: Cole D.
I noticed this weekend when I went down one long street that goes for several miles, there seem to be a lot of AEL 115 fixtures that looked new and shiny. I think a lot of AE Model 25 and Westinghouse 4th gen OV-20 got replaced recently along that road or something, unless I just never noticed before. I also saw one AEL ATB0 there and then next two it were two or three new looking AEL 115.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: AEL 115s popping up alot? « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 10:39:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
Some utilities refusing to pay the LED prices and buy the unproven fixtures.

Possibly. My town uses AEL LED ATB2 for streetlights at some intersections where there were no lights before. But for replacements they seem to always use the AEL 115. Like I said I did see just one AEL LED ATB0 had replaced a older streetlight, but just in that one spot. Or maybe there wasn't one there before, either.

But I haven't heard any plans to convert to LED, only for new installations they use it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies