Author Topic: LED Street Lights Blinking  (Read 18507 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LED Street Lights Blinking « Reply #15 on: September 04, 2020, 04:15:26 AM » Author: dor123
I just reminds you that a "Smart photocontrol" is nothing more than Wi-Fi. These lantern are being controlled wirelessly from a remote computer or application. These are smart LED lanterns.
The blinking of the streetlights are well because of their power supplies. Switching power supplies for LEDs, can't remain ON after turning on, if the mains voltage is below but near their threshold. In this state, the power supply will start itself and extinguish infinitely resulting in constant flashing.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: LED Street Lights Blinking « Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 06:49:03 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
There’s a LED fixture that flickers but doesn’t fully shut off, does that have to do with power supply?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 08:48:04 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: LED Street Lights Blinking « Reply #17 on: October 18, 2020, 10:41:18 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Phasing out HID lighting in favor of LEDs will force drivers to cope with flashing street lights and that will increase the number of automotive accidents.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: LED Street Lights Blinking « Reply #18 on: October 18, 2020, 11:11:24 PM » Author: dor123
There’s a LED fixture that flickers but doesn’t fully shut off, does that have to do with power supply.
The problem can also because of the LEDs themselves. The driver may not be able to start a dead LED so it will try to start it, resulting in flashing. See here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk9h2IuMvfk

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies