Author Topic: Can a utility company relocate a street light?  (Read 2234 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Can a utility company relocate a street light? « on: January 24, 2020, 08:48:01 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I am trying to contact Eversource for a street light to be relocated across town, and I'm wondering if they will do the job. Have they done it around you?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 09:04:11 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
What reason do you need the street light relocated for?
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 08:39:40 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
What reason do you need the street light relocated for?
To have the light in a more useful spot.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 09:36:32 AM » Author: Michael
I can only speak for our street lights in our town. If the street light pole is at your property  and you like to have it removed  because you’re redoing the driveway then you have the right to order the utility company and they have relocate it for free.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 09:41:08 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I can only speak for our street lights in our town. If the street light pole is at your property  and you like to have it removed  because you’re redoing the driveway then you have the right to order the utility company and they have relocate it for free.
Can they relocate one that isn’t on my property?

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 12:15:42 PM » Author: takemorepills
The utility company will look at a few factors regarding a street light relocation.

If you ask for it to be relocated where it would require a new pole and wiring run, they will likely decline your request.

If there is a pole that they own, but it only has HV and/or comms on it, they may still deny your request, unless it would be easy to get street lighting power to that pole.

If you ask for it to be relocated to a pole with existing street lighting circuit, and you ask nice enough, they may oblige you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 03:11:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The utility company will look at a few factors regarding a street light relocation.

If you ask for it to be relocated where it would require a new pole and wiring run, they will likely decline your request.

If there is a pole that they own, but it only has HV and/or comms on it, they may still deny your request, unless it would be easy to get street lighting power to that pole.

If you ask for it to be relocated to a pole with existing street lighting circuit, and you ask nice enough, they may oblige you.

The new pole has a triplex from the Transformer but no other lights.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 03:13:57 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #7 on: January 26, 2020, 03:06:39 AM » Author: Michael
Can they relocate one that isn’t on my property?

No not for any other reason.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #8 on: January 26, 2020, 12:26:17 PM » Author: takemorepills
The new pole has a triplex from the Transformer but no other lights.

In my region, we have circuits specifically for street lighting. We wouldn't generally share a residential feed with a street light, so if the triplex is for a home, that would be up to the policy of the utility.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #9 on: January 26, 2020, 12:56:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
In my region, we have circuits specifically for street lighting. We wouldn't generally share a residential feed with a street light, so if the triplex is for a home, that would be up to the policy of the utility.
I usually see them use the same feed.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can a utility company relocate a street light? « Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 04:15:08 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
They haven’t done it yet. :-\

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies