Author Topic: Is this guy on LG?  (Read 16478 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #45 on: January 25, 2020, 01:38:09 PM » Author: Danny
Link lol?
RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #46 on: January 25, 2020, 02:14:44 PM » Author: RCM442
Just a note to you guys, things that are said outside of this site will not affect memberships here. So if someone gets mad and yells at you on youtube, us admins can't do anything as it didn't happen here.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #47 on: January 25, 2020, 03:57:20 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Link lol?
Listen carefully.... https://youtu.be/EKGW9IrsLQo

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #48 on: January 25, 2020, 04:33:09 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
There was only so much of his inane babble that we could take.  ::)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 10:18:19 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I just noticed that there are now NO comments shown on his video .

Did anyone notice him taking the cover off the fluorescent strip with a coin ?  ::)I'd guess that they don't trust him with sharp, pointy objects!  ;D  All I can say is in his own words..... "WOOOW "

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #50 on: January 26, 2020, 10:19:47 AM » Author: Rommie
I just noticed that there are now NO comments shown on his video .

Did anyone notice him taking the cover off the fluorescent strip with a coin ?  ::)I'd guess that they don't trust him with sharp, pointy objects!  ;D  All I can say is in his own words..... "WOOOW "

Oooh, you're so sharp you'll cut yourself  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #51 on: January 26, 2020, 11:22:20 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Hey, I try ! All I can say is that guy isn't very smart . Hopefully, all the other people in Sheffield aren't like him !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #52 on: February 03, 2020, 02:18:52 PM » Author: Alex
If not to smarts guys get in contact with electricity it often goes horribly Wrong....

Glück auf ⚒️

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #53 on: February 10, 2020, 07:35:41 AM » Author: migette1
From that gear he had and looked well wired up would suggest it was probably borrowed from a technical school in Sheffield.Anyway he may join LG and learn more about lamps...I am still learning and in my 70s.

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #54 on: February 10, 2020, 10:11:21 AM » Author: Rommie
From that gear he had and looked well wired up would suggest it was probably borrowed from a technical school in Sheffield.Anyway he may join LG and learn more about lamps...I am still learning and in my 70s.
One of the first things you learn is not to run SOX lamps base down. The second thing is not to be offensive and downright abusive to people who try to give you advice. The comments he made to Owen, Danny and myself to name but three were just not on, and if he wants to come on this site he'd better learn that, or he won't last five minutes.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #55 on: February 11, 2020, 07:19:24 AM » Author: Danny
He will get tortured on here if he joins with that attitude.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #56 on: February 11, 2020, 03:36:05 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
He will get tortured on here if he joins with that attitude.

Luckily he isn't here lol. Sounds like something moderation wouldn't want to deal with.

That Dude is kind of a turd.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #57 on: February 11, 2020, 03:37:49 PM » Author: Danny
Haha yes  he is, i agree.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Is this guy on LG? « Reply #58 on: February 12, 2020, 08:46:32 PM » Author: Patrick
Hey everyone,

I think everyone has had their say, so I'm closing this topic down.  I agree that that way the YouTuber in question was operating those lamps as well as his behavior towards anyone cautioning him are worthy of criticism. 

While it's fine to discuss those concerns here, let's try not to take it to the point where we are publicly shaming someone, even a non-member.  I'm sure any of you would not have been pleased had you signed up for our site, only to discover disparaging remarks about yourself relating to something you had done in the past. 

Thanks.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies