Author Topic: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained?  (Read 5581 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #15 on: December 26, 2019, 04:57:55 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The police station car park across the road from us is lit mainly by MV lamps in Thorn Precinct fittings, supplemented by HPS wall packs  :) 8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #16 on: December 29, 2019, 12:29:23 PM » Author: kai
Same situation here in Germany. Almost ten years have passed now since new MV bulbs showed up in significant numbers. Most of the remaining MV lights now pine away, getting dimmer and greener more and more as time passes. Some people look out for stuff they could screw in instead of the discontinued MV lamps (not HPS retrofits, they're already a thing of the past, too). So far the focus was, of course, on LED "corn-cobs". A recent new discovery is that MH retrofits exist, too, and are probably indeed of decent quality, which would make them an interesting solution.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #17 on: December 29, 2019, 01:57:59 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
MV lights in streetlighting have mostly been converted to led but there are still some streets that are not yet converted and those seems to be in maintenance program since they did spot replacement earlier in autumn.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #18 on: December 30, 2019, 03:17:17 AM » Author: Michael
Same situation here in Germany. Almost ten years have passed now since new MV bulbs showed up in significant numbers. Most of the remaining MV lights now pine away, getting dimmer and greener more and more as time passes. Some people look out for stuff they could screw in instead of the discontinued MV lamps (not HPS retrofits, they're already a thing of the past, too). So far the focus was, of course, on LED "corn-cobs". A recent new discovery is that MH retrofits exist, too, and are probably indeed of decent quality, which would make them an interesting solution.

Hey Kai, if you know someone who‘s in charge for maintaining street lights you could ask him if he needs some spare HQL lamps. I have about 120 to 160 new old stock Osram HQL 80W for give selling for a very low price.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #19 on: January 04, 2020, 10:45:57 AM » Author: HPS_250
Mercury vapor lights in the boatyards that’s I posted photos of of. (Westinghouse OV-25, older M-400s) Those are still maintained well. There are also a few post tops with 100W MV lamps near a restaurant. There is also ONE mercury can in a Vons store, but all of the other cans have been replaced with LED, so I don’t think that one will be maintained.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 08:59:26 AM » Author: LightUpMyLife
The oldest streets in my city still use MV streetlights. Everything else is HPS and I think we're the only city in the county that has not made the jump to LEDs.
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 09:18:17 AM » Author: Michael
There is a village near me which is still lit mainly by MV and only two HPS. The oldest MV fixtures there are from the late 1980s and the and the newest from late 1990s. Don’t know who’s in charge of maintaining them as they seems to be owned by the municipality. The lights on the main road mostly have two MV bulbs.
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Mercury Vapor lights in your area still maintained? « Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 09:56:00 AM » Author: HPS_250
I forgot to mention finned M-1000s still maintained at a post office with 1KW clear lamps.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies