Author Topic: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes?  (Read 10020 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #45 on: July 29, 2018, 08:01:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The latest batch of bananana bread came out rather well done on the top.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #46 on: August 01, 2018, 12:07:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I mix up what the family calls froth juice as a way to start the day:
Makes enough for 2 servings

Ingredients:
1 raw egg
8 fluid ounces of fresh orange juice
2-3  Tablespoons of Glucose Powder

Method:
Place all ingredients in a blender and whiz up for a few seconds until thoroughly mixed.
Pour into glasses and enjoy.
:)
We made it today with pineapple juice, and it was quite acceptable.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #47 on: August 04, 2018, 01:20:40 AM » Author: tolivac
Nowadays it is not safe to use recipes involving raw eggs.Good way to get salmonella poisoning.
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #48 on: August 04, 2018, 05:00:24 AM » Author: Medved
Nowadays it is not safe to use recipes involving raw eggs.Good way to get salmonella poisoning.

There is big misconception among people on how actually the salmonella spreads, leading to unnecessarily rejecting some food, at the same time causing quite high risk of infection:
People think the eggs content to be the primary carrier, but in fact it is the shells outer surface what carry the bacteria (the bacteria comes from the birds excrement, after all).
The egg content then may get contaminated only at the moment when the egg is cracked open and the content is let to "wash" the broken shell. And the same way the egg outer surface may contaminate anything that comes into contact, mainly your hands...

So if you wash the eggs properly (and your hands) before cracking (plus crack it so there is minimum contact of the content with the outer surface of the shell), you may reduce the risk of transmission very significantly.

And a way higher risk of salmonella transmission comes from handling the raw eggs and not washing the hands immediately, mainly before handling the cooked food. Then usually the well cooking of he eggs does not help and you get the infection into the meal anyway.

No more selfballasted c***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #49 on: August 04, 2018, 11:49:15 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Well I've been drinking it for over forty years and haven't had any adverse effects.

And what you're thinking of is the scaremongering started in the 1980's by Edwina Curry, an MP here in the UK, it has taken decades for the egg producing industry to recover from that. Judging from your remark there is still a way to go.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:56:24 AM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #50 on: August 04, 2018, 11:51:57 AM » Author: Rommie
Well I've been drinking it for over forty years and haven't had any adverse effects.
Apart from the fact that you're a total nutter  :P :D  :-*

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #51 on: August 04, 2018, 11:53:10 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Apart from the fact that you're a total nutter  :P :D  :-*
I love you too...  :-*

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 09:06:23 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've been making some wonder food ever since I got a Le Creuset Dutch oven for Christmas, I have been making some wonderful suppers. So far I've made baked beef enchiladas and Czech style goulash. Check out the links below for the recipes  :)

Beef Enchiladas: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/simple-perfect-enchiladas-recipe0-2043114

Czech Goulash: http://www.czechcookbook.com/beef-goulash-hovezi-gulas/

The nice thing about these recipes is that they give me enough food for between four and six meals. I spend about 20 dollars for ingredients and have nearly a week's worth of delicious meals  :) The Dutch oven is truly an all purpose cooker that can be used on the stovetop or in the oven. There are many more recipes I am excited to try.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies