Author Topic: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs.  (Read 4154 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 09:05:52 PM » Author: HPS_250
 I also got a couple of clear 175W MV lamps. I prefer buying lamps in store instead of online, so I try for that if possible.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #16 on: February 05, 2020, 10:44:35 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
That's good. Back a year ago Menards ramped up their HID selection for some reason. I assume because the replacement market is demanding it (thankfully)

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #17 on: February 05, 2020, 10:04:22 PM » Author: HPS_250
That's good. Back a year ago Menards ramped up their HID selection for some reason. I assume because the replacement market is demanding it (thankfully)

Thankfully they replacement market grew. Without that they make have gone extinct in retail stores in favor of LED cobs...  :( :( :o :o  :a_sl:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #18 on: February 06, 2020, 06:20:24 PM » Author: BT25
I also got a couple of clear 175W MV lamps. I prefer buying lamps in store instead of online, so I try for that if possible.
Understood...but the ones sold in stores are junk.  ::)

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account/CC statement shows unnecessary spending? ::)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #19 on: February 06, 2020, 06:31:54 PM » Author: Rommie
At least you get the choice  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 08:09:45 PM » Author: HPS_250

Not sure yet. They seemed like good quality Philips lamps.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 10:15:58 PM » Author: BT25
Not sure yet. They seemed like good quality Philips lamps.

You just need to get your hands on an older version from the 80's or early 90's made in Bath, NY, and it's becomes pretty obvious.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 10:31:39 PM by WestinghouseCeramalux » Logged

Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 10:21:09 PM » Author: HPS_250
You just need to get your hands on an older version from the 80's or early 90's...it's becomes pretty obvious.

Would those be sold at a ReStore maybe? Then I could compare. Anyway, I don’t have a ballast for the 175W lamps yet. :mv: ???

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 10:25:22 PM » Author: BT25
Would those be sold at a ReStore maybe? Then I could compare. Anyway, I don’t have a ballast for the 175W lamps yet. :mv: ???

It's possible...or watch the for sale section on this site. ;D

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 10:29:14 PM » Author: Lumex120
I have noticed that HID lamps seem to sell pretty well at my local Menard's. They restock every few months.

Unofficial LG Discord

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Home Depot now has a large selection of HIDs. « Reply #25 on: February 06, 2020, 10:31:32 PM » Author: HPS_250
I have noticed that HID lamps seem to sell pretty well at my local Menard's. They restock every few months.

Where is Menards? Must only be in a few US states because I’ve never seen one in California.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies