Author Topic: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely!  (Read 10823 times)
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #30 on: February 25, 2020, 12:48:25 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Honestly id rather smash them myself in store if they tried to pitch that mud show at me by putting them in the trash.

Heres an idea, someone go in and try to buy the bulbs from the shelf all while filming. Be sure to get footage of the male rooster sucker grabbing them from you with attitude and throwing them in the trash. post it on youtube and send to media outlets. Watch the world throw shade at such a wasteful state that is kalifornistan
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 12:51:41 AM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #31 on: February 25, 2020, 04:49:51 PM » Author: Jovan
I have idea:If you see incandescent lamps in NOS condition in trash pick them up. :bulbman:
Daniel f

View Posts
View Gallery

in my house is not used led and if I can avoid it

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #32 on: September 02, 2020, 12:18:01 PM » Author: Daniel f
How sad to see what they are commenting on.  Not being able to stock up on good incandescent lamps. :'(  What a sad world this is.  Get together as soon as possible with more copies :'( :'( :sadbulb:
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 03:05:29 AM » Author: Silverliner
I've been ordering incandescent lamps off websites and they shipped to California. No problem.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #34 on: September 20, 2020, 05:04:37 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
These people do not fully understand that stores are allowed to sell out their remaining stock.  I believe cashiers like this should be thrown in prison and fired from their jobs.  Has anyone also tried to get incandescent bulbs from eBay and the seller would tell them that they cannot be shipped to California?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 07:49:02 PM by Patrick » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #35 on: September 20, 2020, 07:59:08 PM » Author: Patrick
No need to post three separate comments.  I've combined them into one.  In the case of California, I don't believe the retailers were allowed to sell remaining stock.  The previous national restrictions on incandescent lamps pertained to manufacture and import, whereas CA's law prohibited sales.  Therefore if you'd already bought them, you're still allowed to use them, but you can't sell or re-sell lamp subject to the ban, even old stock, after the effective date.  What's worrisome is that California's tighter regulations tend to form a basis for other state or federal regulations, which makes sense from a consistency standpoint.  If there must be more prohibitions on incandescent lamps, I'm sure we'd all agree that a manufacture/import ban is preferable, which exempts used or old stock.  Hopefully a California-style rule is not adopted nationwide, but someday it might.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #36 on: September 21, 2020, 06:03:16 PM » Author: HPS_250
Accidentally turned off my notifications for this topic, so I’ll respond to everyone here.

@Silverliner: If I want to get incandescent lamps, I generally use eBay. No problem buying NOS lamps online that way!

@WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA: No, this is actually part of the new incandescent ban in California as of 2020. The cashiers can’t do anything about it, as stores are actually, but sadly, forbidden to sell their remaining stock. The ban does not affect your ability to buy lamps from eBay and ship them to California. I’ve done that many times without issue.

@Patrick: That’s a good explanation for how the CA lamp ban works! I hope it does not get adapted as a national ban or law, either.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #37 on: October 17, 2020, 04:38:08 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Since many HID ballasts have been discontinued, I imagine that if you go to some electrical store, the cashier will throw the HID ballast in the trash saying that they are obsolete.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #38 on: October 17, 2020, 06:51:39 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I think you're missing the point . These are incandescent lamp bans they're talking about .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 11:16:22 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
OK ,  Here's an unrelated tidbit I just found  :https://www.halcolighting.com/index.jsp?path=product&part=6654&process=search&qdx=0&ds=dept&text=35179&lsi=true

So there is also lamps that not only can't be sold in California , but lamps that can't be SHIPPED to California ?

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 02:56:31 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
At this rate I'd either ask for free lamps, if that doesn't work wait til night time, wear a mask and bland clothing (incase of cameras) and dumpster dive for free bulbs, I've done it a few times. If you're uncomfortable with that than yes either swap bulbs into different packages or just flat out pocket them. As far as the store is concerned it's garbage. You are not going to be chased down for a light bulb.

Honestly I dispise Californias government.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 03:05:58 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #41 on: November 05, 2020, 05:43:29 PM » Author: LampLover
Yeah lamp and ballast bans are just 100% BS if you take the lamp up to the cashier to buy them they should just sell them after all you picked them out from the lamp isle yourself and you know what you want and are buying the the cashier.
Many years ago I was buying games for my friend I had the Xbox 360 he had the PS3 I got two of the same games (cross platform not a "platformer" title) they would not sell me one of each I told the reason why they flat out refused to sell them I went to another location without issue some people are dense.

We the consumer should get to light are homes and work areas how we please after all most of us pay for the electricity to run them not the place of purchase. I say most because some people may rent and some (not a lot do though) have utilities included.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #42 on: November 05, 2020, 09:40:51 PM » Author: Binarix128
That's pure (...) BS, is it "green" and "planet saving" to put a brand new lamp in the trash every time someone wants to buy it and sticking them to LED junk that becomes a waste even more dangerous after a few months  >:( >:( >:( ? I could drop a few curses, that really sucks! All that "save the planet" is a BS to sell more LEDs and elevate the cost of electricity. Sadly there's no way of saving those lamps from trash without involving crimes like stealing.

Luckily here halogen lamps are still available in the shelfs and can be bought, also the incandescents in clearance can be bought, but I'm afraid that it can change  promptly, and I don't have money to buy lots of lamps.  :(

Next step will be to ilegalize owing any lighting source that is not LED for complete the (...) trilogy, so you better get rid of your bulbs people.  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 09:49:43 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Idea to bypass the CA incandescent ban entirely! « Reply #43 on: November 14, 2020, 05:01:20 PM » Author: Silverliner
There is nothing California can do to stop you from buying lamps out of state. Just go out of state, or buy off eBay, or buy online from vendors who are in the dark about California laws.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies