Author Topic: What Do Your Local Utilities Install?  (Read 20816 times)
streetlight98

View Posts
View Gallery

Mike McCann

GoL Mike McCann 88219189@N04/albums
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #30 on: May 17, 2010, 05:48:31 PM » Author: streetlight98
GE M-250R2, M-400R3, M-400R3 FCO
Cooper OVZ, OVF, OVX

Please check out my newly-updated website! McCann Lighting Company is where my street light collection is displayed in detail.

Al_M

View Posts
View Gallery

GEC Z9464 90w SOX/LPS

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #31 on: June 29, 2011, 06:38:24 AM » Author: Al_M
On minor streets-
Sylvania Suburban 50w MV, 70w HPS & 80w MV (rare)
Sylvania Nostalgia (ugly green Heritage thing), 50w MV, 70w HPS & 80w MV

On major roads-
Sylvania Roadster 100w up to 400w HPS
Rexel/GEC Optispan 100w up to 400w HPS/MH (mostly highways/motorways).
Rexel/GEC High Mast 250w, 400w HPS, used in the middle of roundabouts.
Metalmaster
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #32 on: July 06, 2011, 08:29:35 PM » Author: Metalmaster
1. General Electric M400R3 (semi and full cutoff)
2. General Electric M250R2 (semi and full cutoff)
3. Cooper OVX (semi cutoff)
2. Thomas & Betts 115 (mostly full cutoff, with some semi-cutoff)
3. Various yardblaster bucket lights
4. Occasionally, you'll see a Thomas & Betts Durastar
Lightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 09:12:06 PM » Author: Lightguy
My local utilities install AE 125's.

N.A. ;)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 06:26:38 AM » Author: dor123
Haifa municipality recently did a sweeping makeover of the roadlighting in the road from Moria st. to near the old Carmel hospital and Horev city center, and replaced all the AEG Koffer 150 and 250 and the AEG/Philips Stradasole 530 of 150W HPS lamps, with Fiver Oysters made in Italy, also of 150W HPS lamps.
Today, we have to much brands of lanterns, that i can't mentioned all of them.
We have the new Fiver Oyster lanterns, AEG Koffer 70, 150 (Both generations) and 250, Seilkoffer 250 (Several 150 and in the past also 70) and Minikoffer, AEG/Philips Stradalux and Stradasole, Thorn Alpha 2000 and Pilote T1 and T2, Indal 3eInternational Alliance and GE M400A2 Both with drop lens and cutoff optics.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 09:56:01 PM » Author: Lightguy
Also the following.

GE M400R2
T&B 25

N.A. ;)

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 06:25:29 AM » Author: AngryHorse
1, THORN TRIUMPH T2, 150/250watt HPS

2, INDUSTRIA 2600s, 50/70/100/150watt HPS

3, INDUSTRIA VECTRAs, 70/100/150watt HPS

4, URBIS SAPPHIRE 1s, 50/70watt HPS, (just ugly)! ::)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

magslight

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:38 PM » Author: magslight
1. SiTeco SQ 50 /100

2. Philips SGS 203

3. SiTeco DL500

4. Adolf Schuch Baureihe 46

5. SiTeco SR 50/ 100/ 200

Raphael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #38 on: September 28, 2011, 03:21:56 PM » Author: Raphael
1. Philips Iridium

2. Philips Iridium

3. Schréder Altra 2 or 3
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 03:04:07 PM by Raphael » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #39 on: November 08, 2019, 01:08:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm not sure of the makes and models, all I know is that they are the cheapest of the cheap.  >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #40 on: November 08, 2019, 03:03:51 PM » Author: Froggy05
Strihl Mistral, Philips Iridium, Selenium and various LEDs...
Make

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #41 on: November 08, 2019, 04:04:02 PM » Author: Make
Now mainly Greenled Sirius, Philips TownGuide.
Before Ledisol Aino, Siteco SC HPS, Schreder Nano HPS and Ambar2 HPS, Philips LumiStreet, ClearWay, Iridium HPS and Aluroad HPS. 
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 06:35:36 AM by Make » Logged
EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #42 on: November 08, 2019, 11:22:52 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Might as well go crazy and do all of the utilities for a few different cities in my area.

Xcel Energy, my actual "local utility", has converted all of their streetlights to GE Evolve 250w fixtures as of 2016.

My home city of St. Cloud, Minnesota, has the distinction of being both one of the first and at this point by far the largest Minnesota city to utilize 100% LED public lighting. St. Cloud also uses GE Evolve fixtures for all cobraheads, but in a number of wattages.This conversion was done concurrently with the Xcel conversion in 2015. All decorative lighting (basically anything other than a cobrahead) was upgraded on a case-by-case basis the following year, choosing fixtures that suited the respective decorative pole. Additionally, the former "shoebox" fixtures in the downtown area were replaced by these unknown (and ugly, in my opinion) LED fixtures:  https://goo.gl/maps/BVWNharKeRxrT3dE7

Other area cities:

Sartell, MN: The majority of cobraheads in Sartell as far as I know are owned by Xcel Energy, and are also GE Evolve fixtures. A small number of what I believe to be city-owned cobrahead fixtures are all AEL Autobahn LED fixtures. All other public lighting is city-owned and decorative, with 150w and 250w LED bulbs retrofitted into older existing fixtures. The utility conversion occurred in 2015, the citywide conversion just occurred in 2018.

Sartell Lighting:
https://goo.gl/maps/bJ9dNKTScu8Jkr57A -An older HPS decorative fixture that has since been converted to LED.
https://goo.gl/maps/CzYiBW5n5CzF9Dkm8 -Newer LED fixture and arm design with built-in diodes.
https://goo.gl/maps/Wo8sJaN79rMhMTNG8 -One of the few city-owned cobraheads converted to LED.

Sauk Rapids, MN: Again, all utility lighting is 100% converted to LED with the GE Evolve fixtures. Like Sartell, nearly all city-owned lighting is decorative. Sauk Rapids has publicly announced plans to convert all remaining fixtures to LED next year, but as of now much of the decorative lighting still remains HPS. However, the city has used exclusively LED fixtures for new installations and spot-replacements for a number of years.

Sauk Rapids Lighting:
https://goo.gl/maps/JbrJZaysgvqf5tYW9 -Newer decorative LED fixture, circa. 2017
https://goo.gl/maps/JMvMkkTnwWmuZnZG7 -Older decorative HPS fixtures, circa. 2007, set to be replaced next year
https://goo.gl/maps/g5LY6XBiBzCRfPrE9 -This Model 25 is one of the few city-maintained cobrahead streetlights, and is also set to be replaced next year.

Waite Park, MN: The only city in my area that has no public plans to mass convert its lighting to LED. Again, the utility lighting is all converted but city-maintained lighting is HPS. However, new installations have been LED for about four years now (again, mostly decorative fixtures that I can't identify). Spot-replacements have been exclusively LED for about a year or so now; mostly with AEL Autobahn fixtures. Prior to that GE M250FCO fixtures were used in spot-replacements.

Waite Park Lighting:
https://goo.gl/maps/SsgqD4caZjKUpX7S8 -St. Cloud/Waite Park city line. Very interesting contrast at night.
https://goo.gl/maps/81XeBW9Ux1u8bmZK9 -C. 2017 decorative lighting in Waite Park. That design is used across the city and as far as I know is just a HPS fixture with an LED bulb in it.

With a few exceptions, my area is almost entirely LED and has been for several years. As a side note, I'd love help in identifying the decorative fixtures as I really know nothing about any of them.  
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 11:36:59 PM by EpicStreetlights » Logged
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #43 on: November 09, 2019, 12:40:40 AM » Author: Cole D.
Duke Energy - AEL 115 full cutoff HPS of various wattage, AEL ATB0 and ATB2 LED, and AEL Contempo post tops in HPS. I think for flood lights they use AEL in MH, but not sure since I haven't seen any new installations. Duke still has a lot of old MV fixtures in use too, at least in my town.

GEC - Evluma Areamax for mostly private area lights, sometimes for street lights (but GEC doesn't have that many actual roadway lights in their territory other than side streets in some subdivisions). For floods I don't know since they don't do many. Years ago it was GE Powr/Brackets in 400W MV for PALs, then AEL 165 brackets in HPS. Then it was Cooper NEMAs in HPS and sometimes GE 201SA for a short time. There is also a MV NEMA in my neighborhood so they were using MV NEMAs too at some point.

Preco - used to use lots of GE 201SA HPS for area lights and GE cobra HPS streetlights, but now mostly LED area lights of some kind and AEL Autobahn ATBS for streetlights if the area goes LED.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 12:42:47 AM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What Do Your Local Utilities Install? « Reply #44 on: November 09, 2019, 04:15:34 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Well since I first posted in 2011, we’ve had a complete overhaul here, Cheshire highways most popular buy has been Philips’s Uni-street and they make up for about 90% of all our new street lighting.
Thankfully Urbis’s awful Ampera only had a limited install here until it was replaced with Holophane’s vastly superior V-Max, however neighbouring council Weaver Vale seems to be substituting the V-Max now for Holophane’s new edition, the S-Line???, still a good lantern for light output on the road, but nowhere near as good looking!

I’m guessing the S-Line is a cheaper buy for bulk use as I know the V-Max is quite an expensive lantern.
Lena lightings ‘Rubycon’ is another popular buy for Weaver Vale, and whilst very dated in its design, it’s LED innards put a good soft light on the road without being glaring, the Rubycon replaces the just awful, and VERY glaring SLX from manufacturer CRT, which had a just awful 5000K colour.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 04:22:31 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies