Author Topic: If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors?  (Read 1428 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors? « on: March 07, 2020, 08:53:16 AM » Author: Cole D.
The neighbor on one side here, had two HPS NEMA heads (Cooper RMA) installed about 10 years ago. It was too bright at night and shined in our window blinds all night. My parents didn't like it. Then when the house sold, the power company turned them off. A new house was built next door and the one nearest our house was removed when they were working on the pole. One still on another pole but doesn't run at night.

If I had a house, I'd like a streetlight outside, but if it bother neighbors. So I'd probably need a house with no neighbors around, or maybe a FCO fixture.

Are you afraid to have lights outside in case it bothers anyone?

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors? « Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 11:20:35 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
Given that we live on a country road with only distant neighbors and almost everyone has a security light, it is fine out here. The only person who complanes is my dad, who despises lights and worrys that we are going to overload the power company! ;D
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors? « Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 04:22:06 PM » Author: Ash
Keep the levels of light reaching into their lawn and windows down, and you'll be ok

This includes direct light from the luminaire (FCO/SCO vs something that is not cutoff at all), light reflected from the house wall on which the luminaire is mounted (for that a pole is better, or install it on the back wall and not on the side wall), and generally the power (if it is excessive)
Saqib

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors? « Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 03:46:11 AM » Author: Saqib
Sometimes it is bothering and neighbour get worry. I also lives in a place  where neighbour are too close to each other, but they does not worried nor he complaint. Every house has security light and everyone knows the benefit. so, they never get bothered :ledtoilet:
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors? « Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 10:24:44 PM » Author: sol
I had a neighbour tell me that he wanted to install a UPS on my Cooper Vanguard because he went to the bathroom in the middle of the night during a power outage and it was too dark.  8)
Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: If you have lights outside do it bother neighbors? « Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 04:10:41 AM » Author: Michael
I have my street light on three different locations and there are no neighbors around which are disturbed by the lights. Also the lights are not very bright because I do not plan to waste the light into the nature.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies