Author Topic: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area?  (Read 5668 times)
desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #15 on: January 17, 2021, 12:41:50 AM » Author: desktoptrashcan
100W MV post top in a front yard in the oldest section of my subdivision (built late 60s to 1972).
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #16 on: January 17, 2021, 12:46:40 AM » Author: HPS_250
A whole mix of 1950s-60s street lights in the next city over from mine. There is a large boatyard there (Oxnard, CA). There are a few 1959 GE M-400s, and many 1960s M-400s, all still mercury vapor. There are also 20-30 Westinghouse OV-25s, and 2 Unistyle 250s. Photos are in my gallery.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #17 on: January 17, 2021, 04:26:50 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
There is a Wide-Lite flood light behind an auto repair shop that has never worked as far as I've known about it.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #18 on: January 17, 2021, 04:33:07 PM » Author: joseph_125
There's also this rather attractive 1950s British GEC 400w MA/V (originally medium pressure MV) luminaire still in use. Unfortunately it appears to have been LEDized.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #19 on: January 17, 2021, 05:03:51 PM » Author: Cole D.
In the town next to mine there are two silver GE M400s and a Revere post top (all in my gallery) at a bank parking lot but AFAIK none work as the bank closed long time ago.

Also at the same street there is an old shopping center with mid 60s Westinghouse cobras that still work but day burn and are very dimmed out.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #20 on: January 26, 2021, 01:12:05 PM » Author: alexd120
There's this old parking lot that used to be the old HEB which is now the Entertainmart it has 400w unistyle street lights most of them have been converted to 400w metal halide a few of them are still mercury vapor. But most of the lights that are on the city streets have been replaced with LED

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #21 on: January 28, 2021, 10:57:55 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
There is an A/E Model 25 in a parking lot in Yelm that had been dayburning for a few years now. It is 400W MV.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #22 on: February 06, 2021, 05:36:31 AM » Author: AngryHorse
This one, a GEC Z9481, original from the 1960s, running 35 watt SOX , and still running lamps on its original SOI open coil ballast today, pictured in a sea of LED!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 03:11:43 PM » Author: alexd120
I'm there is a few old street lights that had use 400 W Mercury vapor it's at the former Post Office there dimmed like very dim greened out bulbs I'm assuming there Westinghouse life guards

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

flyoffacliff

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Is The Oldest Streetlight In Service In Your Area? « Reply #24 on: March 16, 2021, 11:13:13 PM » Author: flyoffacliff
There is a road and park here in the city of Pittsburgh that is lit with tons of MV cobra heads. One section had lots not working and to my surprise they just did a re-lamp on them! But they stopped about 75% of the way through, I wonder if they ran out of mercury lamps to install!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies