Author Topic: Increased fee if LED change  (Read 2004 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Increased fee if LED change « on: March 11, 2020, 08:00:11 PM » Author: Cole D.
Duke have this note on their website for reporting lights out:

"Duke Energy is gradually converting its outdoor lighting to a more efficient illumination source of LED. If our lighting technician determines the repair you request requires more than a bulb or photocell replacement, we will upgrade the fixture to an LED to remain in accordance with recent Florida Public Service Commission tariff adjustments. If an LED change-out occurs, your monthly charge may change."

So if they have to change to LED, it might cost more for the monthly bill. Although, sometimes Duke do use HPS fixtures to replace, so I'm not sure what happens, then.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Increased fee if LED change « Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 07:22:27 PM » Author: M250R201SA
Actually, it will cost less!  I had a GE PF154 250w HPS on my property, and after about 2 years, the ignitor went out, so  Ameren replaced it with a GE EFM1.  Our cost per month for the optional lighting is down by $3-4.00/month.  We don’t pay any more than $7.04/month and we used to pay $13.85
The EFM1 is the equivalent of a 400W HPS.  I dunno the actual wattage because Ameren specially orders their lights with NEMA tags that look like they go on HID fixtures.  I know the GCJ and GCMs they use are 39w and 107w respectively

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Increased fee if LED change « Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 10:50:39 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Duke have this note on their website for reporting lights out:

"Duke Energy is gradually converting its outdoor lighting to a more efficient illumination source of LED. If our lighting technician determines the repair you request requires more than a bulb or photocell replacement, we will upgrade the fixture to an LED to remain in accordance with recent Florida Public Service Commission tariff adjustments. If an LED change-out occurs, your monthly charge may change."

So if they have to change to LED, it might cost more for the monthly bill. Although, sometimes Duke do use HPS fixtures to replace, so I'm not sure what happens, then.
I’m sure they are taking about the rental lights. The cost will decrease and so will the lumens. ::)

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Increased fee if LED change « Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 03:01:25 PM » Author: Rommie
I’m sure they are taking about the rental lights. The cost will decrease and so will the lumens. ::)
The idea of rental lights is a strange one to us, we've never had them over here. You want a light on your property, you fit it, simple.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Increased fee if LED change « Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 03:43:40 PM » Author: HPS_250
The cost of a rental fixture will decrease with LED, but so will the lumens and general effectiveness. The cost only decreases because the power consumption decreases.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Increased fee if LED change « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2021, 10:13:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
I know one town here was going to change all their streetlights to LED, and it would be an increased cost per fixture to the city. But I think if it's just a spot replacement to an LED, that the city doesn't have to pay. Not sure on that though, as most spot replacement fixtures were still HPS up until early this year. Now all spot replacements are LED if the fixture needs replacing. I think here they still relamp HPS fixtures, but if it needs more repair than a new bulb, or it's an MV unit, it gets replaced with an LED.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies