Author Topic: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts.  (Read 4015 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « on: January 22, 2009, 10:41:19 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
Ok, I don't know if this guy is a member of LG but I have to give him props on this setup

Here

Using a microwave ballast and cap!

Same stuff, Different Day!

form109
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 11:04:23 PM » Author: form109
the lamp seemed to warm up fast!
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 11:49:00 PM » Author: SeanB~1
Essentially a 0.5A constant current generator with 1500V open circuit voltage. Should be able to start most discharge lamps nearly instantly, seriously overdriving most.
form109
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 08:35:22 AM » Author: form109
yeah,if i did that experiment,a metal halide lamp would be on the bottom of my list.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 09:21:17 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Nah MH would not be on the bottom...I can think of a few lamps far worse than MH!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 09:24:08 AM » Author: FGS
Yeah? I can think of the worst offender... the XBOs.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 10:50:19 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
yep XBO is a LOT, i mean a LOT worse!!!! In really HIGH pressure, a light tap too hard can make it BURST!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

form109
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:53:49 PM » Author: form109
wow,thats all it takes to rupture it??....thats scary!!! :o :o
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 08:20:37 PM » Author: TudorWhiz
Here ya go to the scary video

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Lighting metal halide with microwave parts. « Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 05:35:39 PM » Author: Foxtronix
That MH is dangerously overdriven! Doing this with an HPS lamp is safer, even with the MOT.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies