Author Topic: Cooking recipes  (Read 2380 times)
marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Cooking recipes « on: March 21, 2020, 07:40:31 AM » Author: marcopete87
Hi all, due this COVID pandemic, how about share our favourites recipes, so everyone can taste something new while at home?
My favourite (it isn't fast, but it is very good) is Risotto all'Amarone:
Here is the recipe (i've tested and tasted  :lol: )
http://www.veronissima.com/sito_italiano/html/gastronomia_verona_risotto.html (i have some issues with google translate, so i post direct link)

I know there are a lot of people which cannot retrieve this kind of wine and cheese, but you can modify with other wines and cheese.
Notes:
- Replace beef marrow with extra virgin olive oil (i did this, it went fine), but choose an good oil.
- Monte Veronese (cheese): i didn't tried to replace, but taste like some mild-seasoned cheese.
- Amarone della Valpolicella: here, it costs 14€/0.75l (for a low quality bottle), but you can try other wines (red wine, not sweet, not sparkling).

Another recipe i've tested, is, of course, pizza.
Here is the recipe for dough https://ricette.giallozafferano.it/Impasto-per-pizza.html
Ingredients are common, so you'll find them easy.
Prepare this in morning, leave dough bump up at 30°C for 6-8 hours, then roll out in a baking tin.
Add tomato sauce (or squeeze tomatoes) to cover everywhere the dough, add buffalo mozzrella (or common mozzarella, but buffalo is tastier).
Cook at 160°C for 15-20 minutes (it depends on dough height, if you feel it is ready, turn off the oven).
Add ham and mushrooms (fresh champignon if you can find, otherwise mushrooms in oil, no garlic and remove oil before adding) before serving   :)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 03:25:32 PM » Author: CEB1993
I've got a few good recipes:

Chicken Quesadillas

1 pound frozen grilled chicken strips
2 tablespoons chopped green chiles
1 cup of your favorite salsa
Old El Paso burrito shells
½ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (per quesadilla)
Sour cream
Hot sauce

Over medium heat, cook the frozen chicken until cooked through and lightly browned. Add the salsa, chopped green chiles, and ½ cup of water and cook over low heat, stirring frequently. 

Heat a large frying pan or flat cooktop and place one burrito shell down. Spread a layer of shredded cheese, cooked chicken and more cheese and then top with a second burrito shell.  Flip the quesadilla with a large spatula (about 2 minutes per side.) Cook until cheese is melted and both shells are lightly browned and crispy.  Serve with salsa, sour cream, and your favorite hot sauce.

Pasta a la Vodka

1 cup (per serving) of Barilla shell pasta
½ cup of Bertolli vodka sauce
½ cup of shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
Oregano to taste
Optional: Grilled chicken strips or spicy Italian sausage

Boil pasta until al dente (soft.)  Drain the pasta and place the hot, cooked pasta back into the pot.  Over medium heat, add the vodka sauce and shredded cheese.  Add the cooked chicken and/or sliced Italian sausage if desired.   Stir frequently until the pasta becomes creamy (about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.) Serve in a large bowl or plate and garnish with oregano.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Dijon Wine Cream Sauce

2 one-pound pork tenderloins
1 ½ cups Italian breadcrumbs
1 cup of rosemary oregano spice blend
1 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Dijon wine cream sauce:
1 cup chardonnay or other dry white wine
1 cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon of spicy Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon of cornstarch

Heat a charcoal grill to 400 degrees.  Place the pork tenderloins in a large baking pan.  Baste all four sides with olive oil.  Rub in the oregano and rosemary on all four sides.  Rub in a thick layer of Italian breadcrumbs on all four sides.  Set aside and allow the pork tenderloins to marinate at room temperature for at least 20 minutes.

For the Dijon white cream sauce, melt the butter in a large saucepan.  Add the white wine, and then slowly pour in the heavy cream while stirring frequently.  Add the cornstarch and cook over medium heat.  Stir frequently and cook until sauce thickens (about 10 minutes.)

Place the pork tenderloins in the center of the grill.  Cook at 400 degrees, and rotate every 4 to 5 minutes and when interior temperature is at least 145 degrees (about 16-20 total minutes.)  Slice into medallions and serve topped with the Dijon white wine sauce.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

WigWag
Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:42:02 PM » Author: WigWag
I'm no gourmet but these recipes sound delicious! I have a few I'll post as soon as I can get them together in an easy to follow manner.
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 08:35:46 PM » Author: CEB1993
Thanks! Fortunately, I've had a change in work schedule so I have more time to cook. Home made meals are fun and they save money too. Eating out really adds up. Here's a few other of my home made recipes:

Feta Cheese Green Beans

1 Can (14.5 oz) French cut green beans
1 Tablespoon garlic paste
1/2 Packet of Hidden Valley Italian seasoning
1/2 Cup of crumbled feta cheese
1/4 Cup of toasted pine nuts
1 Tablespoon of olive oil

Add olive oil to sauce pan over medium heat. Drain the green beans and add to the pan.

Toast or bake the pine nuts at 350F for about 5 minutes or until browned and crispy. Add them to the green beans. Stir in the Italian seasoning and garlic paste and cook for about 5 minutes over medium heat or until the beans are tender and stewed. Add the feta cheese last.

Beer Marinated Bratwursts

1 Bottle of good amber beer (Yuengling, Shiner Bock, etc.)
1 Pack of PRECOOKED Johnsonville beer brats
Hotdog buns
1 Can of saurkraut
Spicy brown mustard or dijon mustard to taste
Curry ketchup to taste
Olive oil or butter (If pan frying)

Poke the bratwursts with a fork to enable marination. Marinate the bratwursts in the beer in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight. If pan frying add olive oil or butter to a large sauce pan. Add the bratwursts and cook over medium heat until slightly browned. If cooking on a grill, lay the bratwursts horizontally along the grid to obtain grill marks. Cook at about 400F for about 5 minutes, rotating occasionally.

Serve in hotdog buns with your choice of saurkraut, mustard, and/or ketchup. Authentic German bratwursts (Currywurst) uses curry spiced ketchup that can often be found in the international section of grocery stores.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 08:40:56 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
My dad saw this cool s’mores pie recipe, only requires small marshmallows, 6 Hershey bar squares, and small graham cracker crusts.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #5 on: November 07, 2020, 11:21:55 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're baking bananananananana bread today, but have left out the lemon juice that the recipe requires as a friend of ours Bubbler Tube is severely allergic to citrus. :(
She wants to try and make this for herself, so we said that we would give it a go and see how it turned out. :wndr:
The initial thought is that it smells just as good.!  :laugh: But the proof is in the eating... 8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

marcopete87

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 03:27:32 PM » Author: marcopete87
We're baking bananananananana bread today, but have left out the lemon juice that the recipe requires as a friend of ours Bubbler Tube is severely allergic to citrus. :(
She wants to try and make this for herself, so we said that we would give it a go and see how it turned out. :wndr:
The initial thought is that it smells just as good.!  :laugh: But the proof is in the eating... 8)

what is it?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 03:53:19 PM » Author: Rommie
what is it?
Banana bread, but Sammi never knows when the word is supposed to stop  :P :laugh:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Wireman
Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #8 on: November 07, 2020, 04:46:12 PM » Author: Wireman
Banana bread, but Sammi never knows when the word is supposed to stop  :P :laugh:
never knows when the word is supposed to stop.... That's the best laugh I've had since who knows when!!! :lol: :lol: Somehow you always manage to get me to laugh Ria!
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #9 on: November 07, 2020, 05:11:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
never knows when the word is supposed to stop.... That's the best laugh I've had since who knows when!!! :lol: :lol: Somehow you always manage to get me to laugh Ria!
We do our best to create a bit of levity on the board.  :laugh:
God knows we need it just now.  :love:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Wireman
Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #10 on: November 07, 2020, 05:20:05 PM » Author: Wireman
We do our best to create a bit of levity on the board.  :laugh:
God knows we need it just now.  :love:
You both definitely do your best! LG just wouldn't be the same without you two ladies! :love:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #11 on: November 07, 2020, 05:21:27 PM » Author: Rommie
You both definitely do your best! LG just wouldn't be the same without you two ladies! :love:
Awwwwwwwww  :cat: :-* :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 07:57:57 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
UPDATE:

We had the first couple of slices last night, and as far as we could tell there was no difference having omitted the lemon juice.  :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 12:03:36 PM » Author: Bubbler Tube
UPDATE:

We had the first couple of slices last night, and as far as we could tell there was no difference having omitted the lemon juice.  :)

FAB!!!
 :lps: :lps: :lps:
MANY Thanks For Being The Guinea Pigs, Now It's My Turn To Try
 :lps:

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Cooking recipes « Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 12:13:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We like Guinea Pigs  :love:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies