Author Topic: Do you use f.lux on your pc  (Read 1827 times)
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Do you use f.lux on your pc « on: April 04, 2020, 04:48:01 PM » Author: Jovan
Hello folks hope you are healthy.Do you use f.lux or night light(Windows 10 function) and are you satisfied with it ?I installed in my school f.lux and teacher didn't noticed.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 05:13:28 PM » Author: Ash
The equivalent for Linux is Redshift, and in Plasma (KDE) there is a Plasma widget you can install to control it

Changing a desktop color theme is another option, but it does not affect the content displayed in programs, so in the average case (when most of the content is with White or other bright background) this won't get the wanted effect

My take on it is that i prevent the problem at its source. I use older CCFL backlit LCD monitors (of which i have quite a few, and i can repair most common faults with them so i can keep them up). The CCFL backlight provides good light spectrum, and does not contain excessive Blue light

I installed Redshift when i was testing out a Samsung curved LED monitor, in addition to setting the "eye saving mode" in the monitor itself. This was a test i was doing on how good a curved monitor is (and im not impressed - Flat monitor is better). Anyway, that monitor is no longer in my posession, and i don't use Redshift with my CCFL monitors
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 04:46:53 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I use something like this on my phone, I make the screen really dim and red for nighttime reading. the phone is an old samsung S4 with OLED screen so this works very well. Looks like crap on a LCD though

Administrator #5

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 04:50:05 PM » Author: Jovan
I use something like this on my phone, I make the screen really dim and red for nighttime reading. the phone is an old samsung S4 with OLED screen so this works very well. Looks like crap on a LCD though
I have LCD (Lg flatron L1943SE)and it works well.On my A71 I use night owl.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #4 on: April 05, 2020, 04:53:13 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I have LCD (Lg flatron L1943SE)and it works well.On my A71 I use night owl.

Oh on a computer screen it'll work great. on my phone, I use it to turn the brightness MUCH farther down than the phone itself allows, to the point it cannot be seen at all unless you are in a pitch dark room. It also makes it red, perfect for reading. but when I do the same setting on a phone with LCD, it looks really bad lol

Administrator #5

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #5 on: April 05, 2020, 04:58:55 PM » Author: Jovan
Oh on a computer screen it'll work great. on my phone, I use it to turn the brightness MUCH farther down than the phone itself allows, to the point it cannot be seen at all unless you are in a pitch dark room. It also makes it red, perfect for reading. but when I do the same setting on a phone with LCD, it looks really bad lol
Well I have AMOLED screen and it works well.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 02:26:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
I use the one built into Windows for the most part. I used to use F.lux but I switched to the built in one once Windows added it. For my one computer with MacOS I still use F.Lux though.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 09:17:07 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Never heard of it til I saw this thread.
Really don't have a need for it.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #8 on: April 13, 2020, 06:07:28 PM » Author: Jovan
Never heard of it til I saw this thread.
Really don't have a need for it.
You're tolerant to blue light.I use f.lux to reduce blue light from screen and save my vision.
Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #9 on: April 13, 2020, 06:08:13 PM » Author: Jovan
I use the one built into Windows for the most part. I used to use F.lux but I switched to the built in one once Windows added it. For my one computer with MacOS I still use F.Lux though.
Are you satisfied with it ?I was busy so there  was no instant reply.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #10 on: April 13, 2020, 09:34:41 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Jovan
You're tolerant to blue light.I use f.lux to reduce blue light from screen and save my vision.
Yep. doesn't seem to bother me. but my monitors are older, so may have CCFL backlight rather than LED. I've always also kept the brightness turned down way below the default level (even when I had the old 'tube' type monitors, I did that)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Jovan

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 10:51:33 AM » Author: Jovan
Yep. doesn't seem to bother me. but my monitors are older, so may have CCFL backlight rather than LED. I've always also kept the brightness turned down way below the default level (even when I had the old 'tube' type monitors, I did that)

Blue light isn't big problem for me but warmer colour looks more pleasant for me.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Do you use f.lux on your pc « Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 02:27:45 PM » Author: joseph_125
Are you satisfied with it ?I was busy so there  was no instant reply.

It's pretty good for my needs. I set mine to come on at a certain hour instead of at dusk though. Usually by then I'll have set my room lights to a warmer colour temperature to match the screen.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies