Author Topic: New Sylvania Living Spaces CFLs  (Read 1866 times)
Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

New Sylvania Living Spaces CFLs « on: January 29, 2009, 11:59:44 PM » Author: Lumalux
Has anyone found these in stores yet?  An ad circular for them ran here (Richmond, VA) a couple of weeks ago listing them on sale at Farm Fresh grocery but the one store here did not have them.

Sylvania started advertising them in December 2008.

Supposedly they have better color than conventional CFLs.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: New Sylvania Living Spaces CFLs « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 02:24:58 AM » Author: Silverliner
Alex I have seen these in the Albertsons supermarkets here. But they're pretty expensive ($11.99 for the 2 pack 60w equivalents and $13.99 for the 2 pack 100w equivalents) so they aren't selling and I'm unwilling to pay that much for a product I'm not a fan of.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

Re: New Sylvania Living Spaces CFLs « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 08:19:02 AM » Author: Lumalux
Dave, I assume these lamps use an improved phosphor so I was curious to see what they look like.  That price is not that bad.  The dimmable CFLs run at least that much.  I don't know what new phosphor technology may be used -- perhaps something like the GE Starcoat or Philips Ultralume coatings.

As you know, there is a wide variation in the quality of light from CFLs.  Some 2700k lamps look darn close to incandescent.  I have found the GEs to be quite good overall. A friend of mine bought some bulk packaged CFLs from Costco that are excellent.  I don't know who made them but the color was really good.

The earlier Sylvanias were labeled as 3000k and the color was awful.  Later ones say 2700k.

I guess I'll just have to wait until they show up in the stores.  I was hoping Lowes would carry them since they carry a lot of Sylvania lamps.

Have a great day.

Alex
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: New Sylvania Living Spaces CFLs « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 08:37:53 AM » Author: FGS
The CFL lamps from CostCo are most likely Feit Electric and yeah they're good. Got a load of them all over my house except the E-12 base fixtures and the fridges.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies