Author Topic: How are these brackets removed?  (Read 2014 times)
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
How are these brackets removed? « on: April 22, 2020, 08:36:30 PM » Author: LampLover
I have these two lamps with similar looking brackets. I have this Luxo that has a rolling floor stand and this Chinese clone with a table clamp bracket the way they attach to their respective mount looks the same and I would like to have the Luxo lamp on the clamp mounted near me at my desk as I use that more for small projects the other lamp will probably be put in storage as I don't use it that much, if at all. I just want to know how (if at all possible) to remove it. I think it can in-fact be done as I have seen lamps for sale on eBay and other sites that have just the metal rod that attaches to a bracket and no actual mount included. I just want to know if there is a certain right way to remove it.

Thanks

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How are these brackets removed? « Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 09:25:59 PM » Author: sol
Some portable swing arm lamps (as opposed to clamp-on-desk ones) have a set screw that holds it in the hole and also limits the swing so it does not topple over. Look carefully as said set screw is most likely hidden, recessed, painted to match the base or all of the above. I know mine do, however none are Luxo.
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: How are these brackets removed? « Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 09:33:20 PM » Author: LampLover
Where on the fixture base would such set screw be located?

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How are these brackets removed? « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 09:39:18 PM » Author: sol
On the base, in alignment with the hole into which the swivel part goes.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How are these brackets removed? « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 09:40:40 PM » Author: sol
Immediately below the ballast box of your Circline lamp, there is a fat swivel pin that goes into the stand. The setscrew would be on the stand, protruding into the hole into which the swivel pin goes.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How are these brackets removed? « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 09:48:57 PM » Author: sol
See the part I circled in red on this picture from overstock.com.
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: How are these brackets removed? « Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 12:00:40 PM » Author: LampLover
OK thanks I will look at them more closely latter.

LED Free Zone!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies