Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31659 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

New LED Conversions « on: April 28, 2020, 03:27:12 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw that a Laconia gas station had 2 new LSI LEDs. Has there been any new conversions near you?

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

EpicStreetlights

View Posts
View Gallery

Epic_Fire_Alarms
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 04:10:47 PM » Author: EpicStreetlights
Just about every week I seem to pass by a new business that has joined team LED. Some victims from the past few weeks include a Holiday Inn (Previously had PSMH shoeboxes) and an Arby's (can't remember what they had... I think it was HPS). A couple of cities in my area are also slated to begin full LED conversions within the next month or so.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 07:06:15 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Just about every week I seem to pass by a new business that has joined team LED. Some victims from the past few weeks include a Holiday Inn (Previously had PSMH shoeboxes) and an Arby's (can't remember what they had... I think it was HPS). A couple of cities in my area are also slated to begin full LED conversions within the next month or so.
Here it's slowed down, I monitor NH and Maine to see if any convert. A dollar general here was built 2 years ago and they used MH instead of LED!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 11:38:00 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well Sutton, NH is going to use the Affinity S800s to replace the Incandescents. No way to stop them.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 02:29:01 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Just about 15 min ago i saw a truck mid replacing a bunch of hps fixtures near my area and saw that it had a trailer full of good condition hps lights! :curse: The ledisease has gone too far with replacing fixtures that work because led. Wish i could pick one up but i cant because moving so yeah. The new ones looks so cheap and i swear some of them will die in a year from cheapness. I had to rant this as ledisease bugs me way too hard but hope you guys can understand. On the bright side (no pun intended) i did see some mv cans where i was at that that is good.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 03:30:00 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Just about 15 min ago i saw a truck mid replacing a bunch of hps fixtures near my area and saw that it had a trailer full of good condition hps lights! :curse: The ledisease has gone too far with replacing fixtures that work because led. Wish i could pick one up but i cant because moving so yeah. The new ones looks so cheap and i swear some of them will die in a year from cheapness. I had to rant this as ledisease bugs me way too hard but hope you guys can understand. On the bright side (no pun intended) i did see some mv cans where i was at that that is good.
Could you get a picture of the cheap LEDs? I know just downright stupid to replace working fixtures with crap that will NEVER last as long as the originals.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #6 on: April 29, 2020, 05:43:21 PM » Author: Lumex120
Well Sutton, NH is going to use the Affinity S800s to replace the Incandescents. No way to stop them.
They couldn't just use LED bulbs? smh

Unofficial LG Discord

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #7 on: April 29, 2020, 07:41:39 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
They couldn't just use LED bulbs? smh
Apparently not. Me and Steve Z are planning on telling them to keep them up.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #8 on: April 30, 2020, 01:09:16 AM » Author: Lumex120
Apparently not. Me and Steve Z are planning on telling them to keep them up.
Well good luck I guess. I really would hate to see those things fall to some boring LED things.
Btw, Feit electric makes 33w A-shape LED bulbs that put out 4060 lumens. They also would direct most of the light downwards and should have similar performance to what I'm guessing they will replace them with.

Unofficial LG Discord

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 09:07:30 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well good luck I guess. I really would hate to see those things fall to some boring LED things.
Btw, Feit electric makes 33w A-shape LED bulbs that put out 4060 lumens. They also would direct most of the light downwards and should have similar performance to what I'm guessing they will replace them with.
That would be nice! It’s half the price of a LED fixture.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-300-Watt-Equivalent-A23-ENERGY-STAR-LED-Bright-Light-Bulb-in-Daylight-5000K-4-Pack-OM300-850-LED-4/312016226

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 11:05:57 AM » Author: Lumex120
That would be nice! It’s half the price of a LED fixture.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Feit-Electric-300-Watt-Equivalent-A23-ENERGY-STAR-LED-Bright-Light-Bulb-in-Daylight-5000K-4-Pack-OM300-850-LED-4/312016226
There's also a 3000k available which might be preferred in this situation. 5000k LED is kind of icky colored if you ask me.

Unofficial LG Discord

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 11:25:10 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
There's also a 3000k available which might be preferred in this situation. 5000k LED is kind of icky colored if you ask me.
Warm white is far better IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Feit-Electric-OM300-830-LED/dp/B07XF26GXK
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:26:42 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #12 on: May 04, 2020, 02:43:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I am contacting Affinity about getting the lights!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #13 on: June 25, 2020, 02:33:01 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Could you get a picture of the cheap LEDs? I know just downright stupid to replace working fixtures with crap that will NEVER last as long as the originals.

I don't live there anymore  :P But rest assured they look horrible and where probs expensive even though they built badly and are lies about the lifespan.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #14 on: June 27, 2020, 05:34:14 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well I believe Orono and Old town, Maine have both gone LED. Orono is using GE Evolves and Old Town is using Cooper Verdeons. No more MV and HPS fixtures. :'(

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies