Author Topic: New LED Conversions  (Read 31671 times)
RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #30 on: December 16, 2020, 01:31:04 PM » Author: RandomCatPerson
What is replacing them? Hope you can save the last M250R1!

Large roads have atb2s and small roads have signify svs units. We still have about a third led and two thirds hps left. The conversion started a year ago.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 01:32:46 PM by MV1000watt » Logged

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 01:56:43 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well today I went by the Belmont Dollar General that was built in 2017 to find new LED shoeboxes! The new ones are literally a square with a white circle in the middle! The place USED to have perfectly fine MH shoeboxes. What a waste.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #32 on: January 13, 2021, 05:07:34 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
A used car dealership near me had poles with 2 1KW MH shoeboxes, now they hold cheap 5000K LEDs.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #33 on: January 27, 2021, 12:11:23 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Yesterday I saw a truck potentially retrofitting the MH shoeboxes at my dentist to COB LEDs.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #34 on: January 28, 2021, 02:07:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I noticed today that the Westinghouse MRF400 near me was retrofitted to LED.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #35 on: February 02, 2021, 05:03:38 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I noticed a couple of days ago, another gas station replaced their MH lights with LED ones.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #36 on: February 18, 2021, 02:19:16 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
A few days ago, a plaza that had MH lights (wallpacks and shoeboxes) got new LED lights. I'm actually happy to see the LED conversion as the parking lot lights were dim 98% of time and any new lamps they got would only stay white for a very short while before developing a greenish tint and dimming out. And out of the few wallpacks there, I think only one actually got relamped frequently while the others were last relamped around 2018-2019 and their lamps out. Of course, the plaza is brightly lit now.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #37 on: February 19, 2021, 09:10:16 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Honestly , the probe start MH wall packs at work are the same way ! The 400w M-59 Philips lamps the contractor uses dim extremely fast . The same can be said for all of the MH streetlights around here. I'd rather have the LEDs than those P.O.S. .
Some of the MH streetlights replaced HPS cobras . 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #38 on: February 20, 2021, 01:16:10 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Meridian Town Center in South Hill went LED. There used to be 400W MH GE Decaspheres. Those were replaced by Cree OSQ High Output LEDs. I have to admit, the Crees are brighter than the GEs were.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #39 on: March 15, 2021, 09:35:16 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The other day I noticed a plaza with a Dick’s Sporting Goods, a jewelry store, and a Petco went LED. They used to have MH Cooper Tribute shoeboxes, when I went there I saw that most of the lot was switched off except for a few poles that had LEDs. A few poles still had MH but because they were off made me think that the concrete is still going on, I will get photos if I can of the MH lights. The new LEDs are so freaking glary!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #40 on: March 15, 2021, 10:12:09 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
The other day I noticed a plaza with a Dick’s Sporting Goods, a jewelry store, and a Petco went LED. They used to have MH Cooper Tribute shoeboxes, when I went there I saw that most of the lot was switched off except for a few poles that had LEDs. A few poles still had MH but because they were off made me think that the concrete is still going on, I will get photos if I can of the MH lights. The new LEDs are so freaking glary!
Let me guess...Patriot's Place in Concord.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #41 on: March 15, 2021, 10:14:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Let me guess...Patriot's Place in Concord.
Uhhhh ya, how did you know?

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #42 on: March 15, 2021, 10:16:19 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Uhhhh ya, how did you know?
I checked Street View by searching "Dick's Sporting Goods" since they're usually in bigger cities.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #43 on: March 16, 2021, 08:26:55 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I checked Street View by searching "Dick's Sporting Goods" since they're usually in bigger cities.
I figured.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: New LED Conversions « Reply #44 on: March 16, 2021, 04:26:42 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
The Steeplegate Mall in Concord is going LED, I drove by there and I saw poles with very small looking LEDs on them and crews currently replacing the current MH shoeboxes. I'm not sure of the brand of the LEDs but they looked like Cooper Galleons or Generic Chinese JUNK. I saw the reflector of one of the old lights lying on the ground and man were they big!! The poles at that mall are very tall and I doubt the LEDs will even reach the ground! I also saw a car dealership that used to have Holophane Mongoose lights went LED using unknown shoeboxes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 07:33:11 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies