Author Topic: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter  (Read 4772 times)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « on: May 04, 2020, 10:21:27 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Hey everyone.

I have one SOX-E18 lamp that doesn't appear to have any better coating at the bottom of the lamp outer glass envelope. The entire lamp glass outer envelope is clear. Is this going to create an issue? I am selling it online and just want to make sure before I sell it to someone.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 01:05:43 AM » Author: dor123
Is your lamp a Philips SOX-E PSG? If so, it have a solid state getter.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 02:10:52 AM » Author: Edmund Ironside
Hey everyone.

I have one SOX-E18 lamp that doesn't appear to have any better coating at the bottom of the lamp outer glass envelope. The entire lamp glass outer envelope is clear. Is this going to create an issue? I am selling it online and just want to make sure before I sell it to someone.

Take a look at this page about SOX-E PSG lamps: http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/D%20SLP%20Philips%20SOXEPSG36.htm

Made in Sweden

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 04:08:59 AM » Author: Rommie
Take a look at this page about SOX-E PSG lamps: http://www.lamptech.co.uk/Spec%20Sheets/D%20SLP%20Philips%20SOXEPSG36.htm
Were they made in 18W..? I have never seen PSG in that rating. Perhaps the OP can post a photo of his lamp.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #4 on: May 05, 2020, 07:42:36 AM » Author: HPSM250R2
It's not a PSG lamp. I had a case of lamps and one doesn't have any getter. It's a SOX-E18.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:51:10 AM » Author: Rommie
It's not a PSG lamp. I had a case of lamps and one doesn't have any getter. It's a SOX-E18.
That's interesting, can you post a pic..?

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 03:49:11 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Black cap or red?, if black it could be just a ‘missed’ one on the line, if red, could be one of the later ones when Philips lost interest in quality!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 03:51:17 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #7 on: May 06, 2020, 03:54:04 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Black cap or red?, if black it could be just a ‘missed’ one on the line, if red could be one of the later ones when Philips  lost interest in quality!

This is a SOX-E. So it has a black cap. Out of a case of 12 lamps this was the only one that doesn't have any getter. Something didn't look right when I took the lamp out of the sleeve and the whole lamp was clear from top to bottom. Do you think I'll have any issues if I sell this one on eBay? I'd hate for it to fail prematurely and have a customer upset with me. Or should I just keep it?
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #8 on: May 06, 2020, 04:03:11 PM » Author: Rommie
This is a SOX-E. So it has a black cap. Out of a case of 12 lamps this was the only one that doesn't have any getter. Something didn't look right when I took the lamp out of the sleeve and the whole lamp was clear from top to bottom. Do you think I'll have any issues if I sell this one on eBay? I'd hate for it to fail prematurely and have a customer upset with me. Or should I just keep it?
I'd hang on to it, if nothing else it's a curiosity and might be worth a few $ in a few years  :lol:

James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2020, 04:34:09 PM » Author: James
It sounds like a production defect, it was not unusual to very rarely find lamps with the getter not fired.  I also have an Osram SON-E 70W Clear in which they missed the getter firing.  I would maybe hang on to it!  And maybe don't sell all your 18W lamps either just now, their value seems to be going up and up faster than the return you could get by investing in most other things :-)
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 05:53:54 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I'd hang on to it, if nothing else it's a curiosity and might be worth a few $ in a few years  :lol:

Yeah I think I'll hang onto it Ria. It's pretty interesting.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #11 on: May 06, 2020, 05:58:24 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
It sounds like a production defect, it was not unusual to very rarely find lamps with the getter not fired.  I also have an Osram SON-E 70W Clear in which they missed the getter firing.  I would maybe hang on to it!  And maybe don't sell all your 18W lamps either just now, their value seems to be going up and up faster than the return you could get by investing in most other things :-)

I have several cases of SOX-E18 lamps. I was only selling like two cases. I'm down to I think six lamps left to sell including that one missing the getter. I still have four unopened cases left for my own stock. I kind of regret selling any of them now though lol. Maybe I'll delete that eBay listing and stop selling the last six lamps.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #12 on: May 06, 2020, 09:16:33 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Honestly thats a rare find and I'd say hold onto it or else someones just going to buy it and use it up lol

Also I'm not sure if you or any other ebayers here have GSP on their ads or noticed but the GSP has been acting up or doing weird things on random sellers ads like deleted or even excluding Canada from the ship to listing. I kindly asked a seller who i've bought from before about this thinking he deleted Canada from his ad i was watching and he wasn't aware and did not change it himself. I was feeling upset at sellers at first but now I know its not their fault. somethings wrong with the GSP itself

Administrator #5

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #13 on: May 06, 2020, 09:24:45 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Honestly thats a rare find and I'd say hold onto it or else someones just going to buy it and use it up lol

Also I'm not sure if you or any other ebayers here have GSP on their ads or noticed but the GSP has been acting up or doing weird things on random sellers ads like deleted or even excluding Canada from the ship to listing. I kindly asked a seller who i've bought from before about this thinking he deleted Canada from his ad i was watching and he wasn't aware and did not change it himself. I was feeling upset at sellers at first but now I know its not their fault. somethings wrong with the GSP itself

Yeah I deleted the listing. I'll keep the remaining 6 lamps from the case plus I still have 4 unopened cases. I kinda regret selling any of them lol.

I don't think I currently have anything listed globally at the moment. I had ended all of my listings when I started lineman school but I slowly started relisting items recently to try to sell some things I don't want anymore to make room and money for things I want to buy. I'll be probably listing more. I might start adding GSP to my listings.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: SOX-E18 Lamp Getter « Reply #14 on: May 07, 2020, 11:09:19 AM » Author: Rommie
Yeah I deleted the listing. I'll keep the remaining 6 lamps from the case plus I still have 4 unopened cases. I kinda regret selling any of them lol.

I don't think I currently have anything listed globally at the moment. I had ended all of my listings when I started lineman school but I slowly started relisting items recently to try to sell some things I don't want anymore to make room and money for things I want to buy. I'll be probably listing more. I might start adding GSP to my listings.

You lucky  :bulbman:  We only have two 18W lamps, can't get any here now except for silly money, which right now we just don't have  :sadbulb:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies