Author Topic: Light Board Operating  (Read 1246 times)
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Light Board Operating « on: May 07, 2020, 11:44:06 PM » Author: CEB1993
I have an exciting new opportunity as the light board operator for my church. I’ll be learning the software and the controls for various theatrical LED lights over the next few weeks. With time, I will be the lighting consultant for church services and for special events such as concerts.

Anyone familiar with operating light boards? I’m going to be working with halogen theatrical lights and RGBW LED lights. I’m excited to begin and curious if anyone here has had similar experiences.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: Light Board Operating « Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 12:57:34 PM » Author: nogden
Yes. I started on an ETC Acclaim two-scene preset. Then a Colortran board, then an ETC Express 48/96. Now we have an ETC Element, but I greatly dislike it. Whenever I work a show, I plug in my old Express! I don't do much theater work anymore since I like having my evenings to myself, but once in a while, they talk me into coming back. I also work tech for my church, but we don't have a lighting system.

A cool site is controlbooth.com. There's more on there about theater tech than anyone has time to read!
CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Light Board Operating « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 10:55:36 PM » Author: CEB1993
I am using Jands Vista 3 for the lighting controls. Today was the first Sunday I worked the lighting controls and it went really well!  :) Here’s some pictures of the home screen and the lighting board I use. Anyone here familiar with Jands Vista 3? I’m looking forward to learning more about this program to create more special effects lighting scenes!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 10:57:26 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies