Author Topic: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question!  (Read 2637 times)
joem

View Posts
View Gallery

Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « on: May 11, 2020, 09:20:53 PM » Author: joem
Guys, I hit the motherload of GE Chicago Crimefighter street lights, along with Chicago signs and one Chicago "piggy back" pole light. I have other street lights on poles in our basement (without the ballast-that takes alot of weight out), but I'm always curious about different installation designs for any lights that are on display in home. Have any of you built custom poles and installed your streetlights in your house? Looking for light fixtures mounted on poles, not walls. Would like to see the base as well-how do you wire it, etc.? We're trying to design something very versatile, yet rugged and will last years. Our ceiling height is 8 feet. Feel free to post your pictures in the comment thread! Thanks!
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 02:10:13 AM » Author: M250R201SA
The Crimefighter is one of those fixtures that just looks a LOT better in its natural environment.  But yes, I have had several cobraheads and NEMA heads wires up in my house.  Some have been sent to other collectors, and some have stayed with me.  My favorite is my GE M250R1.

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 02:17:21 PM » Author: Burrito
Wish i had one!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 04:18:52 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
General Street Lights - Maybe you can go around the Chicago area to find one (that is, if there are still any). They were some on eBay probably a year ago. Both the M-400A2 and the M-250A2 variants, presumably from the LG member who started this topic.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

Re: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 04:20:21 PM » Author: Burrito
Ah, i get it. i remember these on ePay last year

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Lampwizard

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « Reply #5 on: December 28, 2021, 07:59:43 AM » Author: Lampwizard
Ah, Chicago street signs! Lemme guess the obscured ones...

Lakewood
N. Sangamon
W, 51st
N. Clark
N. Hoyne
S. Ashland
W. Congress
S. Jeffery
Fullerton

I used to take Augusta Ave/Blvd all the way east to west and v.v. whenever the Kennedy Expressway was gridlocked. That was back in the 90s/00s. Chicago was full of HPS-equipped Crimefighters back then and these made for a great exposure of the yellow Chicago street grid at night as viewed from the sky deck at the Sears Willis Tower and Hancock 360 Chicago Observatory. The Crimefighters started disappearing in 2011 when the ceramic metal halide lamps + new fixtures took over. Now, it's mostly (becoming) LED. I'm not so sure whether the Crimefighters lived up to their name in certain rough Westside and Southside neighborhoods though  :-[

« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 08:02:53 AM by Lampwizard » Logged

Philips colour 27: best fluorescent tube colour.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Motherload of Chicago Crimefighters-now I have a question! « Reply #6 on: December 31, 2021, 02:38:58 AM » Author: joseph_125
The 1960s era 175w MV version sometimes shows up on buy and sell sites in Canada. There was a store here that sold them as surplus stock from the 1970s to the early 90s.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies