Author Topic: Can you make a hps bulb start cycling quicker?  (Read 998 times)
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Can you make a hps bulb start cycling quicker? « on: May 11, 2020, 11:20:42 PM » Author: LucasColley
Hey everyone, I have to medium base 70 watt hps bulb and I don’t know why but I just want it to cycle. I find it fascinating to me. But anyway does anyone know if there is a way to push a hps bulb to its cycling point quicker? When it fires up it goes to  a mercury color for a second or two then it goes to its normal sodium color. It does look a little red as well not much tho. So it has lost some sodium. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Can you make a hps bulb start cycling quicker? « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 01:41:05 AM » Author: Medved
There is not much you can do. The cycling timing is dictated by the thermal time constant of the arctube.
If you e.g. use higher current, it will warm up to the point of extinguish, but that point is at higher temperature, so it will take longer to cool down to restrike.
If you use lower OCV ballast (d.g. reduce the input voltage and use higher power ballast to bring the current back), the lamp would tend to extinguish at lower temperature, but the lower OCV also means it would have to cool down deeper, so will be cooling for longer.

What remains is to fake the cycling by artificially briefly interrupting the supply...

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies