Author Topic: Retrofitting vintage lights to LED  (Read 15128 times)
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Retrofitting vintage lights to LED « Reply #30 on: September 15, 2020, 02:02:03 PM » Author: Alex

For LED Filament, there is no Eliptical shaped solution for the US market I know of. However Philips Europe has one on, so I think it is only a question of time, when one will be available for US Systems. It might be possible that, some manufacturers made them already and I have not found them. It might even be they appeared here on LG already but im not sure.

Hello
I have found an Filament replacement lamp:
https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4041&pos=0&pid=182822

Glück auf ⚒️

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Retrofitting vintage lights to LED « Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 03:35:57 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I’ve tried and tested 12 watt, 1520 lumen LED filament lamps in my restored GEC Nightwach 70 lantern, and they look perfect, granted not quite as bright as the 70 watt SON-E that came out of it, but given today’s rip off energy prices, I know which wattage I’d rather run in full time, all night use at home!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

jrmcferren

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Retrofitting vintage lights to LED « Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 09:10:26 AM » Author: jrmcferren
Screw in retrofits are fine. In fact, I'd rather see vintage lighting converted to LED if it means preserving the life of the light itself. In outdoor HID luminaries, this isn't as much of an issue as a vintage indoor table lamp made with plastics. The heat of incandescent and halogen or UV of CFL will increase the speed at which the materials degrade.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies