Author Topic: Cooper ovh  (Read 990 times)
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Cooper ovh « on: May 12, 2020, 12:52:40 PM » Author: LucasColley
Hey everyone I don’t understand my Cooper ovh fixture. It seems like it has a ballast but where is the capacitor?? It’s from may of 2003. I’ll post a picture. I’m just confused.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Cooper ovh « Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 12:58:47 PM » Author: Lumex120
That's a reactor ballast. They don't use capacitors. If you stick a lamp in this and connect it to 120v it should work just fine.

Unofficial LG Discord

LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper ovh « Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 01:01:30 PM » Author: LucasColley
Ok thanks. Because it seems like there were two ballast one in the middle and one in the top right. It’s a little square box that’ says ballast on it. Also the one in the middle says ground ballast. I’m not too sure what that means. Any help would be much appreciated. Again thank you.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Cooper ovh « Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 01:33:28 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Ok thanks. Because it seems like there were two ballast one in the middle and one in the top right. It’s a little square box that’ says ballast on it. Also the one in the middle says ground ballast. I’m not too sure what that means. Any help would be much appreciated. Again thank you.

That little square box you're talking about is the ignitor (starter) for the lamp.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies