Author Topic: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of).  (Read 8856 times)
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « on: May 20, 2020, 05:53:57 PM » Author: mdcastle
So as you probably all know I have probably the world's largest hoard of low pressure sodium fixtures  :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps: :lps:. Unfortunately the timing was such that winter came early and I was literally finishing stacking up my haul where they could spend the winter without damage right as the first blizzard was starting up. Well, as soon as the snow melted the coronavirus hit here and Minnesota was put under a "stay at home order" and we were only permitted to leave for work if an essential employee, to obtain food, or for outdoor recreation with social distancing. I telecommute so I was basically leaving the house once a week to get groceries.

That order has now expired, but that doesn't mean it's still a good idea to go and the expectation is that we exercise good judgement when doing so. I have pre-existing health conditions that put me at increased risk. So at this point the plan is to wait a couple of weeks longer to see if we get over the curve and it becomes less dicey to go out. Rather than "take orders" I'll probably just start listing fixtures from the top of the pile, with the understanding that I won't be offended if people want to wait for a different one. None of them have been damaged over the winter but I am anxious to sell off some this summer because I want to try to move what I have left into the garage before next winter.

Again, thanks for your support in this endeavor and understanding for the delays and your interest in my lamp and traffic signal collection.
Monte
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 12:11:04 AM » Author: lights*plus
Glad to read that all is good! That early onset of winter was just a killer, although we're kinda used to early snows up here. Little did we know it would turn into a nightmare travel-wise.

When you say "just start listing fixtures from the top of the pile" ..do you mean on eBay?  
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:27:18 AM » Author: mdcastle
No, listing them for sale here. Once it's obvious everyone here has what they want I'll make a decision on what to do with what's left.

I decided I really don't want to break down and re-stack the entire pile if the first person in line decided they want a fixture from the bottom and there's no cost savings in shipping multiple boxes to a person at once, which is why I decided to start just listing fixtures from the top. The 135 watt pile is separate, the SRX pile is is skewed towards the 55 watt fixtures with lamps on top but I'll try to rotate listing different types of fixtures.  

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:32:55 AM by mdcastle » Logged
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 04:07:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I am excited to finally purchase one of these 55 watt fixtures from you when the time comes.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Diamondback Dave
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 06:47:53 PM » Author: Diamondback Dave
I will be watching for those.  I just got 5 new SRX fixtures and am looking for the rest of the family.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #5 on: October 23, 2020, 01:46:25 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Any updates?

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

DieselNut

View Posts
View Gallery

John

jonathon.graves johng917 GeorgiaJohn
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #6 on: October 27, 2020, 10:19:26 AM » Author: DieselNut
Got any photos?  I would love a 35 watt fixture if you have any.

Preheat Fluorescents forever!
I love diesel engines, rural/farm life and vintage lighting!

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #7 on: October 27, 2020, 12:48:25 PM » Author: funkybulb
I am looking for 90 watt Sox lantern if u have any of these for sale?

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #8 on: October 27, 2020, 07:13:43 PM » Author: mdcastle
I'm still around and they're still safe on my deck. Coronavirus is getting out of control here- we had 2000 new cases yesterday, so I still don't feel comfortable standing in line at the post office- I think USPS parcel post is going to be by far the most economical to ship them.  Also, the last month I've had a contractor over putting in a driveway and plumbing issues and we're getting slammed at work due the the pandemic too (and you notice I haven't posted much either), I really do appreciate people's extreme patience with me as much as they want these and will see if there's a way to get step things up and get things moving. Since I'll be taking fixtures from the top of the pile to list I'll be able to do that even in the winter.

I think USPS now has a thing were you can print a label at home and just quickly drop it off or possibly even pick it up at your house, whereas they did not before so I'll check into that. I'll order shipping boxes this weekend. I don't have a scale but believe dimensional weight will apply so it's not an issue.

35 watt fixtures- I have none that come that way and no 35 watt lamps although the 50 watt fixtures have dual 35 / 50 watt gear and are designed to accommodate a 35 watt lamp by moving the lamp support to a different set of bosses.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 07:27:58 PM by mdcastle » Logged
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #9 on: October 27, 2020, 09:59:38 PM » Author: lights*plus
I NEVER line up at the post office any more. I merely drop off my parcels and give everyone a salute! You can print your own postage and shipping labels in a few minutes: cns.usps.com (Click-N-Ship) or stamps.com but you need to create your own account.

When the conditions improve, I will drive to Minnesota and pick up as many luminaires as I can stuff my car with, preferring them empty if possible. Meantime it's good to see that you're a good caretaker of these luminaires!

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 08:38:28 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I'm still around and they're still safe on my deck. Coronavirus is getting out of control here- we had 2000 new cases yesterday, so I still don't feel comfortable standing in line at the post office- I think USPS parcel post is going to be by far the most economical to ship them.  Also, the last month I've had a contractor over putting in a driveway and plumbing issues and we're getting slammed at work due the the pandemic too (and you notice I haven't posted much either), I really do appreciate people's extreme patience with me as much as they want these and will see if there's a way to get step things up and get things moving. Since I'll be taking fixtures from the top of the pile to list I'll be able to do that even in the winter.

I think USPS now has a thing were you can print a label at home and just quickly drop it off or possibly even pick it up at your house, whereas they did not before so I'll check into that. I'll order shipping boxes this weekend. I don't have a scale but believe dimensional weight will apply so it's not an issue.

35 watt fixtures- I have none that come that way and no 35 watt lamps although the 50 watt fixtures have dual 35 / 50 watt gear and are designed to accommodate a 35 watt lamp by moving the lamp support to a different set of bosses.

I would really like a 55w that`s in good shape. I already have a bulb.
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #11 on: January 05, 2021, 07:30:38 PM » Author: mdcastle
So a question on this?

How much do you think I should ask for fixtures (ballast only /  complete fixture only / fixture with a lamp that lights but is very well used and might not survive shipping? Or could I just do "no reasonable offer refused" or something of that nature.

Reason for further delay: I tried to order boxes once I had the winterizing stuff around the house taken care of over Thanksgiving, and with all massive amount of people shipping stuff the boxes were back-ordered for over a month and supposedly I'll have them this weekend.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 07:40:40 PM by mdcastle » Logged
RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 07:43:26 PM » Author: RadxD461
So a question on this?

How much do you think I should ask for fixtures (ballast only /  complete fixture only / fixture with a lamp that lights but is very well used and might not survive shipping? Or could I just do "no reasonable offer refused" or something of that nature.

Reason for further delay: I tried to order boxes once I had the winterizing stuff around the house taken care of over Thanksgiving, and with all massive amount of people shipping stuff the boxes were back-ordered for over a month and supposedly I'll have them this weekend.
I think the max price should be 50$if the picture is in bad condition you should make it 35$
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #13 on: January 06, 2021, 07:44:45 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
I have no idea how much you shuld ask, but I am only 12 years old, and have about $133.00 to pay for one, and that includes shipping. And, it is now the time of year where I will generally only be getting $4.00 a week.
Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Update on LPS fixture sales (sort of). « Reply #14 on: January 06, 2021, 07:47:40 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
By the way, the fixture needs to either have a 120v 60Hz tap, or be 120v 60Hz only. I have a brand new lamp. I would like the fixture to be in pretty good shape, and have a PC socket.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies