Author Topic: Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal?  (Read 1183 times)
merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal? « on: May 22, 2020, 05:08:01 PM » Author: merc
We all know what happens to a fluorescent lamp when it becomes air poisoned.

But what happens to germicidal one? What colour will it have? Will it become germ and human eye/skin friendly? Just curious...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal? « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 12:49:58 AM » Author: dor123
You can see here: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-171365
In this case this is a neon sign, but clear mercury as well.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal? « Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 05:46:47 AM » Author: merc
You can see here: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-171365
In this case this is a neon sign, but clear mercury as well.
From the linked picture:
"air entered the tube, burning in a purple color, slowly replacing the Argon/Neon/Mercury mixture in blue"

I don't see an analogy. Why should a germicidal lamp be the same as this mixture?
Has anybody actually seen that?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal? « Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 06:23:25 AM » Author: dor123
Germicidal lamps have the same gas mixture as regular fluorescent lamps (Argon + mercury), And so the blue neon sign in the picture I posted.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal? « Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 07:10:32 AM » Author: Medved
From the linked picture:
"air entered the tube, burning in a purple color, slowly replacing the Argon/Neon/Mercury mixture in blue"

I don't see an analogy. Why should a germicidal lamp be the same as this mixture?
Has anybody actually seen that?

Because in both the main radiating element is the mercury, second in line is argon, none of them has any color conversion.
The fact the Neon tubing does not allow the UV to pass does not afect the color, as UV is not visible (the long wave UV, which is slightly visible, passes even the clear glass of the "neon" tube, so no difference either)...

No more selfballasted c***

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: Air leaked FL gets pink. What happens to germicidal? « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 03:09:08 PM » Author: merc
OK then. Didn't know the ratios were so similar and that the neon presence was irrelevant.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies