Author Topic: Your Future Lighting Plans  (Read 3827 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Your Future Lighting Plans « on: May 23, 2020, 08:35:27 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I don't think I saw a topic on this, but if anybody does, please let me know so I can take this down.

Anyways, what's your guys' future lighting (or lighting related) plans?

I don't have many myself, but I'm changing all the lights in the house to 3000K. I have some 6500K fluorescent lamps in use in my bedroom but I'm using those until they burn out which I don't mind. My parents picked 5000K LEDs for a majority of the house (even the kitchen) and when I installed a 3000K LED filament lamp they said they want to install those instead of the 5000K ones.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 09:09:01 PM » Author: High Intensity
My main plan at the moment is to find a 3 lamp F40T12 preheat ballast for my WW2 era Day-Brite shop light, but i don't think i have sufficient funds to buy or make a trade at the moment.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 10:32:41 PM » Author: Binarix128
Mi plans... make my collection bigger of course!  :D

I want to collect rare countries manufactured lamps, like Chilean lamps, those was produced in short times, like 90s or 2000s. At the moment I have only one chilean maded maded lamp, a GE F40T10, but sadly it is EOL.
SodiumCapital

View Posts
View Gallery

HID FTW

UCfbWteal5F__jqxRlWqJ96g
Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:07:26 AM » Author: SodiumCapital
My plan is to eventually retrofit my M250R2 from 50W HPS to 175W MV and put it on a proper pole and arm. Also, maybe buy a couple more streetlights?
Diamondback Dave
Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 12:08:38 PM » Author: Diamondback Dave
Mine are to continue to collect street lights and glass refractors for them, adding over/under fluorescent lighting to my office and kitchen, adding 4 rows of recently obtained F20T12 pre-heat single lamp fixtures to my garage as I set it up for display of my streetlights and shelving.  Some regular lamps will be changed out to LED as they burn out.
Miles

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 01:07:35 PM » Author: Miles
I had everything converted to 3000K high CRI LED lighting in the house.

Then I found an old original fixture to my house (1912), re-installed it and did a period fixture conversion in the whole house. That got me thinking that most of my light bulb collection is just sitting on shelves in the garage, and there was no point saving the old bulbs for "the next guy." I paid for them, why not enjoy them. So the whole house is lit with 1910-1920 Carbon filaments, Frosted ball lamps and Mazda B lamps. No reproductions. All tipped glass!  :love:

I'll post some pictures in the gallery section later if people are interested.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 09:16:37 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I have to move in a week so my priority is keeping my bulbs safe and sound as i want to have bulbs when im done and not a pile of metal and glass. After that i want to get some shop lights and hid stuff to have and mess around with. I think i may be going to my grandparents house after i settle in for a week or to to help change some bulbs and do some other electrical stuff at their house and my great grandma's adn i will see if i cna find anything cool and ask for it. Other than that, i just wanna grow my collection and put some of it to good use.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 09:44:25 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I was talking with one of my friends and I will be helping him out with a light fixture soon. Not lighting related, but I will also be replacing two switches and ten receptacles along with some plates at his house as well.

I am going to get four GE F13BX/830/ECOs for my two PL fixtures in service. I will eventually get some F17T8/830s as spares for my American Fluorescent wraparound which currently has Philips F17T8/DX ALTOs in it.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #8 on: June 13, 2020, 11:44:27 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Well, today when I came home today, another Feit filament LED turned into a flashing light show! >:( Time to get another lamp... ::)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:50:38 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #9 on: June 13, 2020, 11:59:15 PM » Author: Binarix128
Well, today when I came home today, another Feit filament LED turned into a flashing light show! >:( Time to get another lamp... ::)
How much your L*D last?
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #10 on: June 14, 2020, 12:33:52 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
It lasted a little over a year. It was used only approximately 30 minutes a day.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:43:14 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #11 on: June 14, 2020, 12:50:59 AM » Author: Binarix128
¡TOTAL CRAP! Only 182 hours of life is just nothing that you can use. Even the worst incandescent bulbs last 750 hours! Move to other LED brand or use halogen or CFL, those last WAY MORE than LED.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #12 on: June 14, 2020, 01:02:53 AM » Author: High Intensity
I had an LEDVANCE LED last less than 1200 hours.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #13 on: June 14, 2020, 01:12:09 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
¡TOTAL CRAP! Only 182 hours of life is just nothing that you can use. Even the worst incandescent bulbs last 750 hours! Move to other LED brand or use halogen or CFL, those last WAY MORE than LED.

LED is what will be installed sadly. That's all my parents get for the house nowadays.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your Future Lighting Plans « Reply #14 on: June 14, 2020, 04:11:17 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I was looking at lights in my uncle's house and in a cabinet/TV holder hybrid thing I noticed a Sylvania 65w BR30 (not sure if it's a double life or 130v or what - I don't remember) and a Westinghouse 75w R30. Because of recent talking with him, next time I go there I will be replacing them with LEDs (he's got a whole bunch of spare BR30 LEDs).

And my dad decided that we will get another Feit 60w equivalent 5000K LED for the one that turned into a light show recently.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies