Author Topic: The lights that you use for your pictures  (Read 1257 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
The lights that you use for your pictures « on: June 06, 2020, 01:39:23 AM » Author: Binarix128
What is the lighting setup that you use for your pictures?

I don't have a fix one, since I mostly take the pictures everywhere, also if is day I dont need any light. I only use the lights when the day is too cloudy or in the night. This and this picture was lit by my OSRAM T12F40 HNT 202 (1955) and a PHILIPS T8F36 daylight.

Now I added 4x generic 70w halogen bulbs of about 1200lm each, to the existing tubes. (more details here )

I used halogen since I was looking to the best color rendering, so the entire setup is just consuming 360w, Not much.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The lights that you use for your pictures « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 02:04:25 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I use a daylight LED desk lamp that I don't use often. I'll take a picture of that later but it's nothing special.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The lights that you use for your pictures « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 03:44:31 AM » Author: Ash
Back when i was taking many pictures of my local collection (and especially of lamps that are hard to photo well), i had some success with using a big globe lantern (just White plastic globe of 0.5m diameter) with a big 6500K CFL in it, to make a diffused light source in a dark room
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The lights that you use for your pictures « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:32:39 AM » Author: Rommie
Nothing special at the moment, although we're considering getting some form of light box. We might make something, depends on what we can come up with for a design. Any tips would be appreciated  8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: The lights that you use for your pictures « Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 01:58:31 PM » Author: Binarix128
@sox35 Nice Idea! I have several EOL big LED panels that I picked up in the street, so I can easily assemble to create a light box. You can pick up some wood, few paper sheets and few plastic bowls to make the reflector, and use a 20w CFL bulb, I noticed that LED make objects look weird, so if you want picture quality halogen is the best, but CFL will be OK. The problem is the heat, so for a mini light box made of paper halogen is defenelity not the best idea, so, use CFL.

If you want to make a studio, you can use a white table and a white wall, and you can put halogen bulbs. This is the setup that I use. If you do something like me you can mix with fluorescent for improve the blue rendering.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The lights that you use for your pictures « Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 02:27:24 PM » Author: Rommie
Interesting, thanks. It's given us an idea or two  :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies