Author Topic: What do you do when there's not much activity here?  (Read 2173 times)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
What do you do when there's not much activity here? « on: June 19, 2020, 05:03:10 PM » Author: Binarix128
What do you do when there's not much activity here?

Well, when there's not much activity in the forum and in the gallery I go to watch who's online and I watch random pictures also.  :)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 06:25:07 PM » Author: Binarix128
It's me or we actually have less activity in the site than other times?  :wndr: :wndr:
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 06:35:39 PM » Author: Bulbman256
When there's not much going on i try and find someones gallery and sift thru all of the photos in it so see what i can find. Its like an arcelolojicla dig finding cool lights along the way. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 07:24:10 PM » Author: Binarix128
Yep, I also dig up some old LG pics. Very interesting things get lost by the time.  :)

In other forums, if you dig up an old post or pic you get a nice and beautiful ban by some reason.  :-\
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 08:05:07 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Yep, I also dig up some old LG pics. Very interesting things get lost by the time.  :)

In other forums, if you dig up an old post or pic you get a nice and beautiful ban by some reason.  :-\

Thats is super weird why they do that, exploring old post is part of being in a forum. :-\

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 07:03:08 PM » Author: LampLover

Yeah I hate forums that do that kind of stuff.
Necro posts as they are called, I don't have the slightest idea of what that is even supposed to mean.

I am very much into computers as my main hobby (an expensive one at that) and the love of all things that have to do with lamps & lighting, and electrical stuff are my secondary hobby (I don't let that stop me from still looking for and obtaining things related to electrical & lighting things though).

Computer forums seem to be the worst about the fact when people find and reply to an old post.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 08:22:44 PM » Author: sol
The prefix necro- means death. Necroposting is replying or continuing a thread that is supposed to be "dead" although what defines a thread as dead means different things to different people.

I have noticed that Reddit automatically locks topics after a certain time so necroposting there is a non-issue.

I quite like it myself when people necropost here as it sometimes makes you think about certain things in different ways or brings up things that wouldn't be otherwise.
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 09:30:34 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Bringing up old posts is important on a site like this because it gives an old but still relevant topic a chance to be seen by new members who weren't around at the original time  of posting.

Administrator #5

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What do you do when there's not much activity here? « Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 07:15:54 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Bringing up old posts is important on a site like this because it gives an old but still relevant topic a chance to be seen by new members who weren't around at the original time  of posting.

Plus it great for finding lighting info and tips way out of being uploaded again soon.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies