Author Topic: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools  (Read 1711 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « on: June 20, 2020, 06:19:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Hey everyone! so im done roadtripping to my new place i'm living and i get my stuff monday. I went to our new house and it is very nice and the living room ceiling is 11' 9" tall. There are about 7 recessed cans in there and a bunch more throughout the house and another two in the master bathroom that are a similar height off the ground. There are also some chandeliers that the bulbs are base up and about 15 ft and 12 ft above the ground. Anyone recommend a good bulb changer that can do cans and base up chandelier lamps? Thanks for any recommendations!

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 09:17:32 PM » Author: Binarix128
I recommend you to use incandescent, halogen and fluorescent tubes. CFL and LED causes eyestrain and electromagnetic contamination that of course is bad for you, but places where you don't stay much like basements or bathrooms I reccomend LED over CFL. CFL takes time to warm up, so only when you done the CFL is warm, and the CFL light is not the best. LED by the other hand are instant start and are efficient, but the bad news are that LED emmites not normal levels of blue light for you eyes, that can be bad for you and the lamp lifespan is very low.

In living rooms, sleeping rooms, dinning rooms and kitchen use halogen or incandescent, they have a good light quality and will never cause you an eyestrain, and the electromagnetic contaminations are way less than CFL or LED. And in bathrooms, basements, attics and garages use LED, better if you can use preheat fluorescent tubes. For exterior lighting I reccomend HPS fixtures, they have a good balance between efficienty, lifespan and fixture cost. Halogen is very cheap, but is inneficient. LED fixtures emmites huge quantities of blue light that will not help you to sleep, and the lifespan is short.

In your chandelier lamp use incandescent.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 09:20:13 PM by Binarix128 » Logged
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #2 on: June 20, 2020, 09:24:02 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I recommend you to use incandescent, halogen and fluorescent tubes. CFL and LED causes eyestrain and electromagnetic contamination that of course is bad for you, but places where you don't stay much like basements or bathrooms I reccomend LED over CFL. CFL takes time to warm up, so only when you done the CFL is warm, and the CFL light is not the best. LED by the other hand are instant start and are efficient, but the bad news are that LED emmites not normal levels of blue light for you eyes, that can be bad for you and the lamp lifespan is very low.

In living rooms, sleeping rooms, dinning rooms and kitchen use halogen or incandescent, they have a good light quality and will never cause you an eyestrain, and the electromagnetic contaminations are way less than CFL or LED. And in bathrooms, basements, attics and garages use LED, better if you can use preheat fluorescent tubes. For exterior lighting I reccomend HPS fixtures, they have a good balance between efficienty, lifespan and fixture cost. Halogen is very cheap, but is inneficient. LED fixtures emmites huge quantities of blue light that will not help you to sleep, and the lifespan is short.

In your chandelier lamp use incandescent.

There is incandescent in everything and i intended to keep it that way but i want know any recommendations for tools to change them without a ladder as some spot are very tricky. Also my dad don't want me to change anything around because new house.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 01:04:00 AM » Author: Binarix128
Good to see that you use incandescent! If the halogen lamps that you can get at your new nearest local hardware store doesn't explodes, you can considerate to change all to halogen. I reccomend single ended. Buy one clear or smash a coated one to see how it is. Double ended ones arcs at EOL and explodes.

If you want to screw a light in a tall fixture and your bulbs is resistant you can pick up a long pole, a big clamp that is not too tight and that the bulb can fit, and some sponges to wrap around the clamp to make it less tighter. Just attach the clamp to the pole with tape, attach the sponges to the clamp and hold your bulb with. Then just screw you bulb and retire the thing, and that shoud be done!  :)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 07:22:40 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Good to see that you use incandescent! If the halogen lamps that you can get at your new nearest local hardware store doesn't explodes, you can considerate to change all to halogen. I reccomend single ended. Buy one clear or smash a coated one to see how it is. Double ended ones arcs at EOL and explodes.

If you want to screw a light in a tall fixture and your bulbs is resistant you can pick up a long pole, a big clamp that is not too tight and that the bulb can fit, and some sponges to wrap around the clamp to make it less tighter. Just attach the clamp to the pole with tape, attach the sponges to the clamp and hold your bulb with. Then just screw you bulb and retire the thing, and that shoud be done!  :)

The house came with mostly incandescent but there are a few led bulbs from after building relamps that i want to change. I wish they still had 60w halogen lamps that where the same brightness but lasted wayyyyyy longer than incans. Unfortunately some of the fixtures are integrated led  :sick: . I know they sell premade bulb extension removal tools but i want to know whats reliable and good and has a tool to take out bulbs at a 180 degree angle.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 04:13:25 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Update: i got a tool today at home depo that works for my house so i guess no info is need now so uhh have a good day everyone in this thread!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 05:44:30 PM » Author: Binarix128
If you want, block the thread.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 05:53:42 PM » Author: Bulbman256
If you want, block the thread.

ehhhh, i will leave it up for the people who wnat ypur directions for a home made solution and your incandescent advice. :)

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 05:57:23 PM » Author: Ash
My first thought is about the Plastic plug'n'play sewer pipes. Pick one of a diameter such, that the receptacle end with a gasket in it would catch a GLS lamp
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: Recommendations for bulb changer extension type tools « Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 07:22:54 PM » Author: Binarix128
ehhhh, i will leave it up for the people who wnat ypur directions for a home made solution and your incandescent advice. :)
The topic blocking is used when you don't want more replies in your thread, but pleople can still watch the existing replies in the thread.  ;)

Anyway feedback is always welcome!  :D
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies