Author Topic: "Boob Lights" Explanation video.  (Read 2685 times)
LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
"Boob Lights" Explanation video. « on: June 27, 2020, 08:14:36 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
This video just landed in my YouTube Subscriptions all about those ever-popular and ever-present flush-mount dome lights.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6mZroM6AT5E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 10:38:00 PM » Author: Binarix128
Those things are not that bad, but the real crap are those fixed LEDiseased booblights, so if just one single diode fails the whole fixture goes to the trash. If by some reason you want an LED booblight just retrofit it with an L*D bulb, and you'll not need to change the whole fixture just because one single L*D.

Those things are common and cheap in the markets here naturally, but are being LEDiseased with crappy quality chips, comparable with a dollar torch, E27 and fluorescent ones are still aviable but not in huge quantities. What is really cheap is a kind of "semi-boob wallpack" that can cost less than 5 bucks each, that is quite neat.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 11:17:42 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Those things are not that bad, but the real crap are those fixed LEDiseased booblights, so if just one single diode fails the whole fixture goes to the trash. If by some reason you want an LED booblight just retrofit it with an L*D bulb, and you'll not need to change the whole fixture just because one single L*D.

Those things are common and cheap in the markets here naturally, but are being LEDiseased with crappy quality chips, comparable with a dollar torch, E27 and fluorescent ones are still aviable but not in huge quantities. What is really cheap is a kind of "semi-boob wallpack" that can cost less than 5 bucks each, that is quite neat.

I had one in the hallway of my old house and when i failed it had to sit for nine mounts because my landlord would fix it. Fortonaly most of my lights in my new house are incandescent although a few are integrated led and will be group replaced immediately when one fails.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 11:24:29 PM » Author: Binarix128
I had one in the hallway of my old house and when i failed it had to sit for nine mounts because my landlord would fix it. Fortonaly most of my lights in my new house are incandescent although a few are integrated led and will be group replaced immediately when one fails.
I have an integrated L3D booblight that its ballast failed before the 100 hours, but sadly the ballast was replaced and the booblight is stil here.  ::)
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 04:16:35 PM » Author: Ash
Meanwhile marketing keeps selling those as "they have no lamps that could EOL"
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 08:29:06 PM » Author: LampLover
Meanwhile marketing keeps selling those as "they have no lamps that could EOL"

Well that is true LEDs are not lamps themselves they are semiconductor IC chips.

I bought a MaxLite Booblight to replace an ugly 1979 fixture in my apartment. It uses a GU24 self ballasted CFL.
When I first got it I thought it was missing the ballast but I searched and the lamp is just a "normal" CFL with a different base

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #6 on: June 29, 2020, 01:39:33 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I have one, a very 1995 looking one with shiny brass and all.  It's got an LED in it, but I also am not a fan of integrated LED fixtures for the reasons others mention.

The new LED ones are even more low profile and hence (IMHO) even uglier.
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2020, 11:23:46 AM » Author: LampLover
I have one, a very 1995 looking one with shiny brass and all.  It's got an LED in it, but I also am not a fan of integrated LED fixtures for the reasons others mention.

The new LED ones are even more low profile and hence (IMHO) even uglier.

The old ones were a 'D' sized cup those newer slim LED ones are an 'A' sized cup :lol:

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #8 on: June 29, 2020, 11:51:06 AM » Author: Binarix128
The old ones were a 'D' sized cup those newer slim LED ones are an 'A' sized cup :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Newer ones are not A cup, are BS cup!  ;D
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #9 on: June 29, 2020, 12:04:25 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
That's nothing I wanted to get my B cup enlarged to a C cup and now I have a DD  :lol:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 12:11:21 PM » Author: LampLover
That's nothing I wanted to get my B cup enlarged to a C cup and now I have a DD  :lol:

Lol! Boob references :love:, I love it we must stop this though as this is a 'PG' rated site or I guess the original intention was a 'G' rated page but I don't think that works anymore

LED Free Zone!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: "Boob Lights" Explanation video. « Reply #11 on: June 29, 2020, 01:11:08 PM » Author: Binarix128
BS, POS, pot, frick, crap, boobs...

Get outta here boy!!  :lol:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies