Author Topic: Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp  (Read 2649 times)
SIK

View Posts
View Gallery

Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp « on: June 30, 2020, 02:58:34 AM » Author: SIK
Superlux Equipoise FL-BL
2 X 9w Osram 4000k bulbs

This is a modular lamp that allows you to combine it with lots of different mounting options and stands etc.

I bought the lamp and base separately and I have also bought the pole that turns it in to a floor lamp as well but that hasn't arrived yet.  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:32:40 AM by SIK » Logged
SIK

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 03:07:38 AM » Author: SIK
A bit out of focus but nice audio on this one

https://youtu.be/_o6xpFpX5mw
SIK

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp « Reply #2 on: July 03, 2020, 05:50:18 AM » Author: SIK
Well that didn't last long, awesome lamp but it stopped working already.

There is no attempt to turn on when I switch it on so I suspect the ballast might be gone already.

Hopefully the customer service guys sort it out.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp « Reply #3 on: July 04, 2020, 01:48:32 PM » Author: takemorepills
Even though it is cheap Chinese garbage, I highly doubt the ballast failed (unless it is electronic).
My money would be on a loose connection or failed rocker switch.
SIK

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp « Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 03:25:34 AM » Author: SIK
Even though it is cheap Chinese garbage, I highly doubt the ballast failed (unless it is electronic).
My money would be on a loose connection or failed rocker switch.

Not so cheap in terms of money, it cost about AU$200+ (US$140ish) including the base and floor lamp extention.

It's been sent back to Superlux for repair or replacement, I'll ask them if they figured out what was wrong with it but I'm kind of expecting they wont look at it and might just send a replacement. If they tell what was wrong I'll report back.
SIK

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Superlux Equipoise FL Lamp « Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 06:03:36 PM » Author: SIK
The guy fixing it called me today, he said it was a loose neutral in the ballast but will also swap the ballast over just in case.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies