Author Topic: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs?  (Read 1883 times)
LightUpMyLife

View Posts
View Gallery

https://www.facebook.com/ https://twitter.com/TedTa
Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « on: July 08, 2020, 09:22:19 PM » Author: LightUpMyLife
What kind of novelty light bulbs do you wish to see at some point? SOme of the one's I'd like to see include a color changing flame effect bulb, a smart Wifi fairy bulb, and a filament LED that is multi-color.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:51:39 PM » Author: sol
A colour changing LED that fades really, really, really slowly from one colour to the next. Ideally, it would be at least 60-120 seconds steady, with a change that takes at least 30 seconds. The vast majority of the ones I see change from one colour to the next every 5-10 seconds (or less) and makes it very annoying. The best one I've seen were strips that were added alongside the fluorescent cabin lights in an Air Canada plane, way back in either 2005 or 2007. Very nice effect.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 10:55:34 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Different phosphor colored mv lamps (etc red, yellow, green , blue with phosphors designed to output only said colors.) ot maybe soem self ballasted hps lamp with an eletronic ballast would be interesting.

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2020, 11:04:41 PM » Author: Binarix128
An 18w SOX of course! Also two more 160W and one 500w SBMV. Also I want some amber LED floods and bulbs to install. I've also seen many "100w" changing color LED floods that are very cool, and I want one to experiment with monochrome light.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2020, 01:46:31 AM » Author: Lumex120
Wifi controlled LED filament bulb with RGBW functions. I don't know if it's possible to fit 4 colors of LEDs in a bulb like that (or a controller) but I hope it's something that we see within the next few years.

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « Reply #5 on: July 09, 2020, 04:07:47 PM » Author: Ash
The latter one you can make yourself - The bare filaments are available to buy, the outer bulb does not need vacuum/gas fill at low power levels (so just find a suitable bulb and glue it together), the controller would have to be remote if you want to use widely accessible parts (Arduinos or control from PC)
Alex

View Posts
View Gallery

feel free to ask questions

Re: Wishes for Novelty light Bulbs? « Reply #6 on: August 24, 2020, 02:08:13 AM » Author: Alex
Different phosphor colored mv lamps (etc red, yellow, green , blue with phosphors designed to output only said colors.)

I think Chinese manufacturer tried that, but the efficiency was bad. Then LED was getting better and better and hade given the opportunity to much richer colors the possible.So the lamps never did come out the development step.

Glück auf ⚒️

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies