Author Topic: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ!  (Read 6566 times)
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « on: February 15, 2009, 01:59:57 AM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
I have now confirmed! Ok, My studies and my moods under orange light are not as pleasant as they are under mercury vapor. Nor are they changed when under intense MH light I also noticed when HPS lighting was installed since the 70's that crime has been on a dramatic increase. I feel so much more calm outside when mercury vapor is lit by me and I feel irritated when I am lit by HPS. Well people I have done some research and I have now found out that I was not alone! To everyone on LG read this article. This would confirm that Crime and sucide and everything else spiraling out of control since the 70's, This is a confirmation since I here so many complaints about orange light. But I have been researching this for years and never found nothing on it and thought it was just BS and only my imagination and now I finally have a legitimate response, Read link.

http://www.physorg.com/news148153021.html
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:29:52 AM by mercuryvaporisking » Logged

Same stuff, Different Day!

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:01 AM » Author: FGS
Might explain why there is a blue light at the end of the Metro Station but the one I posted is not effective since there is a HPS next to it.

Very interesting article. ;D

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

chapman84
Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:41:19 AM » Author: chapman84
Nice find!  :)
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 11:05:57 AM » Author: icefoglights
But what would be the effects of LPS light which is purely yellow-orange light?

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

swpidgeon

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:56:22 AM » Author: swpidgeon
The article confirms nothing.  As many of the respondents noted in the comments section, there is no scientific evidence of any increase in crime whatsoever.  Since the article primarily discusses events and trends in Japan, one must dig a little deeper.  For example, Japan has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.  Also, suicide in Asian nations (particularly Japan and China) does not carry the same negative stigma as it does in the western world.  Many folks will commit suicide if they feel they have tarnished the family honor or something similar.

Also, perhaps the overall spike in suicides in Japan (again, the article's primary focus) has something to do with their "lost decade" in the 1990's where the Japanese economy tanked.  And by tanked, I mean worse than what we're experiencing now. 

As much as I'm no huge fan of HPS, I really doubt this "trend" has anything to do with the HPS lighting.
mercuryvaporisking

View Posts
View Gallery

Another day and another dollar at work!

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 12:52:35 PM » Author: mercuryvaporisking
It's true it may not confirm nothing to some, But it confirms my studies that I feel better under cool white or blueish light. I noticed that the last comment on the article was another DSA member at work. BTW, I heard Japan still uses alot of mercury vapor fixtures.

Here is a similar topic this one with a pic, Looks like 20k MH there are using,

Here
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 01:41:29 PM by mercuryvaporisking » Logged

Same stuff, Different Day!

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 11:20:58 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I'm also sure a cycling HPS in front of someones bedroom window will make the person who sleeps in the room GO MAD and NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pulse start MH also cycles, but longer time between....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 10:48:51 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I personally find HPS to be more calming than white light sources, clear mercs are a second choice... but they'd be lower wattage...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 05:22:25 AM » Author: 589
Yep same here, the lower K the better for me. I've been raised with HPS lights for the most part and my body knows it's night time when I'm around HPS. It is very calming to me. Not to necessarily discount the effect it might have on others, just that not everyone has the same reaction.

My understanding is that blue light is invigorating when used appropriately. That's the reason my shop lights are 4100/5000k and everything else is warm white or HPS/SOX.

:lps:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 09:44:36 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl

My understanding is that blue light is invigorating when used appropriately. That's the reason my shop lights are 4100/5000k and everything else is warm white or HPS/SOX.

That's why it's not recommended to watch television just before you go to sleep.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #10 on: November 14, 2020, 07:05:51 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
LPS is my #1 preference, along with coated MV.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #11 on: November 14, 2020, 09:12:57 PM » Author: HPS_250
HPS is first, then LPS, and after that number 3 would be incandescent and 4 would be color improved mercury vapor.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #12 on: November 14, 2020, 11:08:19 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Clear MV is #1 on my list !! :mv: :mrg:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #13 on: February 01, 2021, 11:25:58 AM » Author: alexd120
I like mercury vapor lights

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

kai

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Somthing Every single LG member NEEDS TO READ! « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 06:28:42 PM » Author: kai
Nice how this old thread from 2009 has been pushed up. Just note the sentiment about sodium light voiced back then, and you may say: How times are changing...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies