Author Topic: What's the difference?  (Read 1044 times)
RadxD461

View Posts
View Gallery

What's the difference? « on: July 21, 2020, 09:50:43 AM » Author: RadxD461
What's the difference of a high-pressure mercury vapor light bulb and a standard mercury vapor light bulb? Could you run a high pressure mercury vapor light bulb on a standard mercury vapor ballast?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What's the difference? « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2020, 10:17:05 AM » Author: dor123
Both are two different names of the same lamp.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What's the difference? « Reply #2 on: July 21, 2020, 11:58:37 AM » Author: Rommie
The earliest designs of mercury lamps were medium pressure, then the high pressure (MB) versions were developed, which were more versatile, smaller and could operate in any position. The original medium pressure (MA) lamps could only be operated vertically base up, although they could be run horizontally with a magnetic arc deflector.

They are electrically identical, so can be run on the same gear.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies