Author Topic: Wrong light inspected from power company!  (Read 1154 times)
LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Wrong light inspected from power company! « on: July 22, 2020, 08:45:34 PM » Author: LucasColley
So I reported a Cooper OVH street light out in my parking lot at my school and the inspected the wrong light! I gave them the pole numbers that they should have serviced but the clearly misunderstood that. The other light was a 1993 Ge m250R2 that was out but rarely on sometimes. I just wanted that one to stay there! But due to a mistake of my power company it will be getting replaced with led sadly. There are some pictures of the light and the pole wrap which means a light will get replaced.
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Wrong light inspected from power company! « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:58:21 AM » Author: LightsDelight
They have a contract where that they have to remove any fitting that is broken. If that one didn't work then it most likely has been reported before so that was on their hit-list. Where I live there was a project to replace all of the low wattage (up to 125W) HID street lights with LED in my region. They started with a mass replacement doing several streets in one day, mine was in the first week. Now the project has gone over its budget so now the mass replacement has been finished. They will only do spot replacements where if a light fails it just gets replaced even if the lamp has failed.

That is most likely your case. The OVH that you reported is what is still part of their current contract. The M250 is not so it will be replaced if there is a problem with it. Since I'm assuming both are broken or at least one is, the older one is of higher priority and will be replaced and the other one will be looked at at a later time.

Keep discharge lighting alive

LucasColley

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Wrong light inspected from power company! « Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 10:33:40 AM » Author: LucasColley
Yea we lost our contract with EATON in late March if 2019. Luckily I reported another Ge m250r2 that was in my neighborhood and it got replaced with a brand new EATON OVH 70W HPS. It was replaced on March 27th. I believe the first week of April they Switched to CREE RSW. I was just getting into lighting at the time, I would’ve reported so many lights that were out for them to get replaced with EATON instead of leds. I do still report lights but not as much anymore. I had a feeling that they were going to switch to led after the new light is installed in my neighborhood so at dusk I went out and watched it fire up for the first time. It was amazing. Sad to see leds taking over everything these days.
LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: Wrong light inspected from power company! « Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 08:24:44 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I don't really ever report lights at all because I know it will be replaced but the main reason is that they will probably do nothing. I don't really care if they get replaced because I have a fairly large collection and most of it wasn't used on our roads for a very long time. The stuff that widely gets replaced is just really common stuff I can find really easily. My collection can be seen Here.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies